• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape used as button

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have three smart shapes that I am using as buttons on a slide. They are all set to pause at the end of the slide. When I upload the SCORM file to our LMS, that slide automatically goes to the next slide once the audio is complete without any of the buttons being clicked. How can I prevent this, it has never happened before. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

That is your slide, not the master slide.

How long is the audio clip?  Uncheck the option 'Continue movei at end of audio'. Depending on the length of the clip it can override your pausing points.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the timeline, and the Actions tab of the buttons?

I prefer never to push the pausing point till the last frame, leave a short part after that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three big buttons have advanced actions which I have included a screenshot of. The "next" button has an action of "go to the next slide" 

advanced actions.jpgtimeline.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please move the pausing points 0.1 seconds in.

A tip: it is not necessary to use 'Stop Triggered Audio' at all. Even if there is another audio clip playing which has been started with Play Audio (only type which can be influenced by Stop) it will be automatically stopped when a new clip is launched with 'Play Audio'.

You have 4 shape buttons. Do all of them have Infinite attempts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the pause point one point in and the issue still occurs. Yes, all 4 shape buttons have infinite attempts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show all interactions on this slide. You can do so using a screenshot of the Advanced Interaction panel (F9), with the actions column width increased so that each action can be seen.

Do have the same problem when previewing with F11, Preview HTML in Browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure how to get them all to show on one screenshot so here they are separate. No, this does not happen when I preview in the HTML browser. Only when it is uploaded to our LMS (Docebo)

req.jpgorder.jpgDS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for the Advanced Interaction Panel (F9), not for the Advanced actions. I wanted to know which actions are triggered on that slide, and that is the way to go. The three AA you are showing are all the same, just playing an audio clip (take out the Stop, it is superfluous) and changing a state. Those cannot be the cause of overriding the pausing points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, here it is.Advanced interactions.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing indicates why the slide is not pausing, unless you have an action on the master slide (which I dounbt).

1. On Enter you use the simple command Play Audio.
  2. Whenever one of the 3 shape buttons is clicked, another clip is played and a state is changed.
  3. You have a Next button

This slide is probably corrupt. Which exact version number are you using, as mentioned under Help, About Captivate? The most recent version for Windows is 11.5.5.553.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my master slide. I am on the latest version 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is your slide, not the master slide.

How long is the audio clip?  Uncheck the option 'Continue movei at end of audio'. Depending on the length of the clip it can override your pausing points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking the suggested option fixed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources