• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide master - Does not apply change to all slides

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the Captivate Update to 2019 Release 11.5.5.553 i encounter following problem:

I was used to work on one slide in the slide master and the changes i made on that slide would apply to all slides after i left the slide master. 

But after the update i have to chose separately at every single slide which slide from the slide master i want to apply. I'd rather modify the slide master and have my set applied to all slides without choosing. How can i accomplish that after the update? 

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although there has been improvements to Themes in 11.5, the way master slides (one component) are used has not changed. Maybe I don't understand your very strange question, but I am not a native English speaker. You seem to reverse the normal practice which is to set up the Theme (including object styles and master slides) and then start creating slides based on the different master slides.  Not sure why you are acting in a reverse way.

Captivate now accepts multiple themes in one project. If you have multiple themes, the active one will be defined by the slide which is active at that moment. But I presume you don't use multiple themes?

If you edited one master slide and want to apply it to all the existing slides which are based on that master slide, select those slides and use the 'Reset Master Slide' button. Beware: that will only be the case for content master slides, the Quiz master slides are bit different. 

AFAIK and I use Captivate since version 1, present theme concept was introduced with Captivate 6, this has always been the workfflow. 

Please, if I may offer a tip, try to use the general accepted workflow for any Theme based application: first the theme, then the content slides. It will save you  a lot of time. And do not override styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response and for your tip. I am using the software in german, that is why i am not very sure about the english terms for certain aspects of the software. I will try to explain, the procedural steps of my work with Captivate. 

I start with a software simulation of a desktop application (as part of a instructional course),  which contains several clicks. Every click produces a new slide. After i am done with the software simulation, i have about 20 to 40 slides, sometimes more, sometimes fewer. That is why i have the slides before i edit the slide master. The slide master has to be edited in a way, that it places the company logo and certain design elements on every other slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can write in German, which I understand rather well (I am Flemish) but I will not answer in German, and only know a couple of Captivate terms in German (folien). 

Missing information in the original question: you talk about captured software sim slides. That type of slides always uses the Blank master slide and the Theme doesn't matter because the background will replace whatever is set as master slide background.

This is an old problem. Over 10 years ago I wrote a blog explaining how to create a 'Knockout' master slide. At that moment it was possible because it was in version 5 or 5.5. The present Themes do not allow that type of master slide anymore. Once in a while your question pops up, and I refurbished that old post recently. If you need to have additional information on those software sim slides, maybe this could help:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/embed-software-simulations-knockout-slide

If you only need one object, a logo, a possible workflow could be to add the logo on a very short slide before the first sim slide. Time the logo for the rest of the project, and check the option 'always on top'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources