• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Notes and Timing panels do not display at all

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both panels are checked to display under the Window menu, but I can't see anything. There's just a scroll bar to the right of the main slide panel which scrolls down to an empty space where the Slide Notes should be. I reset the classic workspace and all of my options. I checked for Cp updates and restarted the program. I tried starting a new project rather than my existing project. I've never experienced this in 10 years of using Cp. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working in the Newbie UI or the Expert UI? In the newbie UI you'll see the buttons Library and Properties at the top right, eventually also the Assets (if you are on 11.5). In the Expert UI you can only see the Assets button in 11.5.

Do you see the title bar of the Timeline at the bottom? Click to open that panel. I never use the Newbie UI, have no idea if you can open both Timeline and Slide Notes in one docking station.  That is not a problem in the Expert UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'm using the default or "newbie" UI, as I have the 3 icons in the upper right title bar. I don't know how to switch to the "expert" UI. Normally I have both the timeline and the slide notes visible at the bottom. It was fine 2 days ago, but now they are not there. I don't see the title bar of the timeline at the bottom even after scrolling down to the very bottom of the window. It's like I can scroll enough that I should see the timeline title bar, yet it's not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still do not know which version you use. Can you try to reduce the display percentage for your screen, maybe you are missing part of the window? Is it maximized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated this morning, so it's Cp 2019 11.5.5.553. Yes, it's maximized. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try cleaning the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run the CleanPreeferencs... for your OS while Captivate is closed. Restarting Captivate should then create a fresh set of Preferences, maybe the problem is gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources