Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slide Video always with shadow in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I insert a slide video, there is always a shadow around it in the HTML output, even if I don't have it enabled.

Also, the shadow doesn't disappear on the following slides even though the video was only shown on the previous slide.

What can I do, to prevent/ delete the shadow?

Thank you very much, JörgPage with Video.jpgnext page without video.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please always use the full version number because CP2019 had a lot of releases, main ones being 11.0, 11.5 and 11.8. You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate.

Can you check the master slide used to insert the slide video? Which theme do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is 2019 Release 11.8.0.586. I use the  Blank master slide with some own objects.

Master.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Mac? 

Blue Veracity (theme) has no Blank master slide, so it is a custom master slide. Did you create this master slide in this version of Captivate? Could you post a screenshot of the Timeline of that Blank master slide?

Some suggestions to figure out the cause:

• Re-encode the mp4 with Adobe Media Encoder (H264) before inserting it as slide video. To find out if the cause is the video.
  • Apply another theme created in this version, packaged with Captivate. A theme which has a real Blank master slide to find out if the problem is due to the theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i´m not on MAC, I use Windows. Yes, I created this master in this version of Captivate. I will try your suggestions. Screenshot of the timeline is attached.Timeline.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved my work under a new name and now the problem is gone. No more shadows

If it pops up again I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards, Joerg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is good news.  In some jobs I already had expeerience with issues caused in 11.8 by combination of themes. That was the reason I asked about the origin of the Blank master slide. It felt like a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources