• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slides taking a long time to load and voice over delayed

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have produced a software simulation over 300 slides and I have recorded a voice over attached to nearly every slide. I have saved the module as a zip file and have published it onto the LMS of choice at my place of work. But when I am playing the modules they are taking a long time to load, they keep pausing to load and the voice over is getting delayed. Can anyone think this might be, are the modules too large?

Thank you,

Jess

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contrary to other assets, audio clips need to be loaded On Enter for each slide. They can indeed be very large, and you have a huge project. Try to leave a small gap before and after the audio timeline, that may help. I have explained the reasons exentsively in a blog post.

AudioGap.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

Thank you for your reply, I will try that today. All of my audios are recorded onto the text caption that they apply to so there is gap at the beginning but I shall add a gap at the end as well and see if that helps. Do you think becasue I have recorded them to the text caption that would have any affect on the performance?

Thank you,

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... it is not slide audio, in that case this trick is not applying, unless te text captions to whih you added object audio start on the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lilybiri

I'm afraid you reply has gone over my head slightly. When I record my audio I record it the text caption I have inserted on the slide. What do you mean about 'tick is not appyling'? Are you saying I shouldn't have recorded the sound to the caption.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The screenshot I showed with the gaps on the audio timeline was for slide audio. You seem to tell me that you didn't use slide audio but audio attached to text objects, which is 'object audio'. If the text object (shape or caption) is visible from the first frame of the slide, the problem is simialr to slide audio starting on the first frame. Move the text object bit away from tha first frame and you'll have same result as for slide audio: little bit more time to load the audio On Enter for the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources