• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smartshape as Button: How to delete the states "Rollover" and "Answer" in Preferences?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ist es möglich, über die Voreinstellungen (Preferences) die beiden Status "Rollover" und "Answer" für Buttons (oder für Smartshapes, die als Buttons verwendet werden) zu löschen? Man kann diese bei Bedarf einfügen, aber ich möchte sie nicht vorab für jeden Button automatisch drin haben. Da die verwendeten Smartshapes verschiedene Farben haben können, ist es leider auch nicht hilfreich, den Status "Rollover" und "Answer" im Objekt-Manager bestimmte Farben zuzuweisen, die sich immer mit dem "Normal"-Status decken.

Vielen Dank für Tipps!

Tina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Guten Mittag, Kathrin.

Hope you don't mind that I answer in English, because I hesitate to write in German. You can always use the inbuilt translator, works fine. Being Flemish I understand German rather well.

I have to disappoint you. Due to the way Shapes and their states are treated in the Object Style Manager (never in the Preferences) it is impossible to delete the Rollover/Down states in its style, not even if you create a specific button style. I have complained about this since many vers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Mittag, Kathrin.

Hope you don't mind that I answer in English, because I hesitate to write in German. You can always use the inbuilt translator, works fine. Being Flemish I understand German rather well.

I have to disappoint you. Due to the way Shapes and their states are treated in the Object Style Manager (never in the Preferences) it is impossible to delete the Rollover/Down states in its style, not even if you create a specific button style. I have complained about this since many versions.

The only way to delete them is to use the Object State panel and its right-click menu on selecting the Rollover/Down states. However, a possible shorter way is to copy/paste that button wherever you want it after deleting those state for a shape button.

If the Rollover/Down state is exactly the same as the Normal state, the learner will never see that there are different states. So I wonder if you really need to take out those states for any reason? Since those are InBuilt States, they are not affected by the Go to Next state or other state commands. Have a look at my blog post:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/button-states-basics-and-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo Lilybiri,

vielen Dank für deine Antwort! Ich verstehe Englisch ganz gut, mache aber Fehler wenn ich selbst Englisch schreibe, was zu Missverständnissen führen kann. Deshalb ist es wahrscheinlich besser, wenn ich bei Deutsch bleibe.

Schade, aber ich habe schon vermutet, dass das nicht geht.

Richtig, wenn Rollover/Down-Status identisch sind mit dem Normal-Status ist es egal. Da ich aber unterschiedliche Button-Designs verwende, kann ich für Rollover/Down-Status keine Formatierung wählen, die immer die gleiche ist wie der Normal-Status. Es ist viel Arbeit, die Rollover/Down-Status bei jedem Button zu löschen (wenn man ihn nicht dupliziert), deshalb wäre es einfacher, diese Status nur bei Bedarf hinzuzufügen. Da ich nicht alleine an dem E-Learning arbeite, kommt es leider häufig vor, dass nicht dupliziert wird... Aber dann muss ich damit leben.

Vielen Dank für deine Hilfe!

Dein blog post habe ich schon vorab gelesen 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am always astonished about the amount of readers of my blog, although I have the analytics. 

Indeed, the problem is that the InBuilt States cannot be taken out and allowing to create a new style. Since shapes and their possibiity to be a button appeared with version 6, many years ago, I have been pleading for a better way of creating styles for them. It never resulted in a change.  And it is inconsistent, because Visited is labeled as an InBuilt state, but cannot be included in a shape style. That frustrates my logical mind as well. Hence my suggestion to copy/paste, a workflow which I detest normally.

Even the new Copy/Paste Appearance is not possible.  And you cannot apply the deletion of states on multiple buttons at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources