• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Software Simulation - CP2019 (version 11)

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a few training mode simulations and edited them. I would like to publish them as videos, and I did that. The issue is that videos don't allow user interaction, it just plays the training simulation as if its a Demo.

Besides publishing the Training Mode Simulations as HTML, how else can I publish them and still keep user interaction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By defintion a video fromat is PASSIVE. If you want interactions you need to publish to HTML (or to SWF until the end of the Flash Player support this year).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Lilybiri.

A follow up question.

I published the training mode simulation to HTML from my machine and sent the link to my colleague, but it didn't play.

It only plays on my machine...

(I'm still learning.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you sent to them is probably only pointing to the HTML file on your own computer.  They're not going to be able to link directly to your computer.  You need to learn a little more about how the internet works and why you need to upload published content to a web server or an LMS so that other people can view the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will find out about the Web Server. 

Thanks a mil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late answer (big problems here due to virus). Best way is indeed to upload to a webserver or a LMS (you can for free on SCORM Cloud for a limited number of files) and send the URL to those who want to look at the output. Or they can install the Reviewer application as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you desire an "interactive video" where your content is in video format, you might consider checking out TechSmith Camtasia. This product allows for that operation.

However, note that if you were to choose this route, the ability to have the interactive video is only provided by using the associated "Smart Player" supplied to allow your viewers to watch the video.

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, you know very well that a Training simulation, whether scored or not, is different from an interactive video. Captivate also allows to create interactive videos,  but that was not the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, you have no idea how sorry I am that I dropped in to try and help.

Now, assuming you are finished chewing, if you will kindly hand my head back I'll leave you be and stop being a pest and troubling everyone. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback Rick. 

Unfortunately we have already bought the Adobe Captivate 2019 licence. 

I have to make it work... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

So Ive got all my trainig simulations (Demo modes) recorded and edited, some.

I would like to add skins on these simulations, how do I do that?

(Still learning)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now you confirm that is  NOT about a training simulation mode but a demo mode. I will correct the title of the thread.

Not sure if 'skin' has the same meaning for you as for me, but you find Skin Editor under the Project menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Yes, that's what I needed. Thank you so very much.

How else can I make my vidoes nice, put a nice background around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you create a video (mp4)? Or do you wnat to have HTML output? That is a big difference. I never use Software simulations in demo mode anymore (use Video Demo) because you can have issues with FMR-slides. If you want to publish to HTML, you could create a 'knockout master slide' and have to do several rescaling. I explained that workflow many years ago, still works but not for newbies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a Demo Simulation and the output is a video.

I record  Demo, Training and Assessment simualtions simultaneously.

I will try to record using Video Demo going forward...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources