• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some ecourses not marking complete for Chrome Users (SCORM 1.2)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have a Captivate compliance course that is marking "complete" for most of my test-user population, however, not for others - specifically a Chrome user. There is not a quiz in this ecourse, so I used the "incomplete->complete" settings, with completion set to 80% Slide Views. The LMS being used is SAP SuccessFactors. The several other users did not have any issues.

I've also tested this in SCORM Cloud and received no parser warnings, and "Congratulations, your manifest looks great!" - I'm not sure if I should be looking for additional information on possible errors or red flags with the zip file.

I do have some buttons and click boxes, but I don't believe there is not a lot of space left at the end of those slides to cause completion issues. I also have an Exit button at the end of my course, which exits the ecourse, and I believe closes the LMS. Could this be the issue?

I've included my publish settings below. 

MelissaMaurath5E07_0-1664212645603.pngMelissaMaurath5E07_1-1664212670372.png

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help!

Melissa

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some LMSs don't act always corrrectly if you don't have any score. Is the click on the Exit button mandatory? If yes, just put a score to it, and require that score as passing score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not mandatory, it's just to let the user know they have reached the end of the course. I can try this! I also read somewhere that the action of exiting of the course could also be causing a problem. Would adding the point value to button resolve this issue, or should I remove it completely, and have the user exit the browser on their own?

Thanks anyway! This is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Exit button is better.  On reaching the Quiz Results slide (or whatever other slide says they have reached the end of the module) many users just close the browser.  However, doing so may not result in data being sent to the LMS to complete the session.

If only this one user seems to be experiencing an issue with completion, I would be looking more closely at what that user is doing on reaching the end of the course.  Set up a screen share session if necessary and watch exactly what they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a scored object which is really mandatory if you will use that score for a better Completion criterion. That should be possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, these responses are very helpful. 

In reference to the single user who is not achieving a completion status, I'm unable to access this person's computer in any way, however, they have tried taking the course several times and have had the same result. Being that this is such a small test group, I'm going to try the scored-object option and see if that yields better results.

I just want to make sure I've updated this properly. I gave one of my "next" buttons towards the end of the course a point value of 10. Since there is not a true quiz, I prefer to hide it close to the end of the ecourse, rather than saving it for the very last slide. I believe these updated settings should account for that change, but please let me know if I'm missing something! Thanks again for your help with this, and for responding!

Button Properties:

MelissaMaurath5E07_0-1664753801523.png

Quiz Reporting Settings:

MelissaMaurath5E07_1-1664753868022.png

Quiz Options:

MelissaMaurath5E07_2-1664753951865.png

MelissaMaurath5E07_3-1664754021650.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you change the Quiz: Pass or Fail option to use percentage instead of points.  Techncially, either one should work, but setting to percentage is just a little more LMS-friendly in my experience. As long as the user clicks that button they will get awarded the 10 points.

Not having the scored button on the very last slide (as you have indicated) is also a good policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help with this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources