• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stage jumping from center and not able to select text box, objects, etc.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All --

Brand new Captivate 2019 user here.  Just uploaded a 30 day trial version from Adobe.  This is such a basic problem, but I cannot find the solution... When in a brand new project, my slide is not centered on the stage - viewing at 100%, I must use my vert & horz scroll bars to locate the slide.  When I have located it, and try to double-click on the title text, the slide jumps again and I must locate it again.  If trying to marquee the title text on my slide, my cursor seems to be off to the left and down -- it's not aligned with the visual cursor on the screen.  I've checked my cursor location in an Illustrator document - all okay, and cursor alignment on browsers is fine as well.  I've dumped the program and reinstalled and have restarted my laptop.  Any suggestions?  This is making me crazy!  Thanks in advance. --kcH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS are you using? Can you aslo check the exact version number of Captivate under Help, About Captivate because there have been many releases under CP2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.  I had just upgraded to the Big Sur days before.  I happened upon a post stating that Captivate needed a patch to work with Big Sur - I tried the patch and voila!  I appreciate your response. -- kcH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having some of the same issues and even more. Can you please direct me to that link with the patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources