• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on Saving

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a lot of work on one of my projects and when saving I got this error message:

"Failed to add file to zip 2 compressed_data-5892-1704780218.cpd std::exception The saved zip file might get corrupted, you should try creating the zip again."

It shows a drop-down with the only option already selected and gives me the options "kill", "Debug" and "Ignore"

However, none of these seem to be doing anything at all. It just reopens the same error message immediately.

The saving progress bar shows 50% and won't move while the error message is up.

So currently I have no way to access anything but the three buttons in the error message and can't try saving under a different location etc.

I am quite afraid that the only option to get out is to force close the program and not being able to recover my work.Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 18.30.15.png

If anyone has a solution to this I would be very grateful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If none of the buttons on the dialog do anything useful then you may simply need to force quit.

Hopefully you had followed the recommended procedure and turned on Backups in Preferences so that you might only lose work done since the last complete save and close.

Even if you do not have backups on, you can often resurrect a project file to the last actual save during the session by recreating the CPTX file from the Project Cache folder.
https://infosemantics.com.au/how-to-recover-corrupted-adobe-captivate-projects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I force closed Captivate, and it shows that my file was last edited when I tried saving, but it has roughly 1/3 of the size it should have. Trying to open it does nothing, only when I manually drag it into the Captivate window it shows me an error message telling me the file might already be opened or corrupted.

Trying to recover it from the Cache results in pretty much the same thing. Following the guide you posted I land up with a new cptx file, but its only 784 byte large, which is concerning.

It shows me the folder as being last edited yesterday which would be correct. But all the files inside it were supposedly last edited two weeks ago, which doesn't make sense. But its the only folder with a recent last edited date, so I believe this would have to be the correct cached version.

Of course this is the one time I saved over my original file instead of creating a new version 😕

I was able to open the backup file, but it doesn't have the status of the last save but from two days ago ...

That would be 16 hours down the drain ...

Any idea why that error happened in the first place, to avoid it in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and to make sure I have the correct cached folder I tried to look at dcache, but I don't think there is a mac version of this, is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Dcache was created with AIR which as far as I know is not supported on MAC.

I think it is safe to say you've just lost quite a bit of work.

Are you working locally or are you storing your CPTX files on a network drive and opening them directly from Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I work exclusively on a local drive, with none of the assets being on a network.

I also never open the files from Captivate as I had some issues with it not showing the latest versions in the "recently used" files.

I am still working on redoing my work, but it would be important to find out what could have caused this, also why the backup was not updated with my second to last save and why the files in the cache all seem to have a size of 0byte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources