• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Stuck on Update Missing Fonts

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 2019 (11.5.5)

 

I had three captivate project files that were developed around the same time last year.

When I reopened them individually to make edits, I received the Update Missing Fonts window. 

For the first two projects I selected Replace Fonts, and no problem. The captivate project files opened, I edited them, no problem, published new scorms and they work fine.

I'm not sure why the third of the series of three doesn't like the Update Missing Fonts window. No matter what I do from this window (Update, Close, select don't show me again, blah, blah, blah). It gets stuck on 50%. I need to use windows task manager to close captivate. I read in another post to use CleanPreferencesWin.bat, which executed it, but no change.

Please help. I need to make one minor edit to change a text date in this file and cant do anything in it.MissingFonts2.png

 

Views

65

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking carefully at your screenshot it is bit weird that you see only two fonts. Normall, even if you have used only two fonts in your project, three fonts should appear in this dialog box. You already tried the CleanPreferences workflow to take out possible corruption in Captivate, so the corruption is with the project itself. Can you remember if you used a theme packaged with Captivate or was it a custom theme? It is clear that the original fonts were not websafe fonts. Myriad Pro used to be free long time ago (from Adobe) but that is no longer the case. I don't really know the other font. Do you use Adobe fonts? If yes, could you reactivate them? 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trade Gothic Next is available from Fonts.Adobe.com. Try installing it and attempt to open the project again. If the Captivate project is getting stuck on that font this might just solve the problem for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. I had Trade Gothic Next installed. I reinstallaed and still the same issue. I have found a work around and perhaps left something off here. I mentioned I had three of the captivate project developed at the same time, all three displayed the replace font window, but only one of the three freezes on the replacing loading window at 50%. All three of these project were created with Captivate 9. I found a work around solution...The one project giving me the problem works in Captivate 9 and since for this iteration of the project, it is just a few textual changes but in the futire when it gets into some other things Im going to need it to work in 2019 and beyond.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you reached out to Adobe? You can contact them directly via email at captivatehelp@adobe.com

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had issues with fonts if I had not opened a particular project in some time. I had found that adobe had deactivated fonts if they had not been used for a long time. I would have to check my adobe account and reacitvate said fonts. I would just then restart/re-open the project, the font then worked and did not need replacing. It may be a different issue with what you're facing but I thought it was worth mentioning in case a simple solution could be your answer. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines