• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription-only build for Adobe Captivate: Captivate 11.8 Released

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: Individual subscription users can get the updates in January 2022.

We are pleased to announce that we have released Captivate 11.8.

This release is a subscription-only release.

You must have an active subscription of Adobe Captivate to use the build. If you do not have an active subscription, the new update will revert to a trial mode. If you have already used your trial, you will be unable to use the build.

If you create a project with build 11.5.5 (Win/macOS), the project shall open in build 11.8. But a project created with build 11.8 will not open in build 11.5.5 (Win/macOS).

For more information, see Adobe Captivate 11.8 release notes.

This aritcle answers your queries regarding the build.

There are a few known issues, which we are working on.

Let us know your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saurav, how do we get this new version? Clicking on Help > Check for updates doesn't seem to give me the option. I'm not on a perpetual version but perhaps its not available to community members who receive a complimentary copy.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

I've added a note to address this query. Thanks to you for raising this.

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saurav

Let me know when and where I can download version 11.8 when it becomes available.

In the meantime, I have verfied that Publishing the Captivate file creates files at the proper resolution for viewing.  

Thanks, Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Saurav_Ghosh, Just wondering if this has been addressed.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work on macOS Monterey? I was told by the Captivate team that a version compatible for Monterey would be released in December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you follow the link that Saurav provided you will see the release notes that explain that this build includes support for Windows 11, macOS Big Sur and Monterey. Also, the build supports M1 chipsets on Mac machines.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul...

I'm not special like you so I didn't receive a complimentry copy of Captivate : )

However, using my paid subscription and Clicking on Help > Check for Updates does not give me any option for 11.8 either. And when I click About Adobe Captivate in a new project it still says v11.5.5

Just saying.

Craig..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, there is nothing special about me. Anyone can contribute over at https://elearning.adobe.com and earn points that can be exchanged for complimentary eLearning authoring software. Use your Adobe ID to login and gain the same benefits at me.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the release notes mentioned in Saurav's post. Here is a quote:

Enterprise Customers who have an active VIP or ETLA subscription can get the build from their Admin Console from 12/15/2021 onwards.

Note: Individual subscribers will be getting the builds soon on Trials and Store. We will update this section shortly.

That version is not yet available for individual licenses, complimentary or paid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release notes say that this version is compatible with Windows 11. It's true?

Individual licence will be on 2022 January but at begin? at end?

Adobe Communications about Captivate are very confuses.

Any experience with this version for Coporative users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree about confusing communication, was astonished that in this blog it was not even mentioned that only the enterprise licenses got the upgrade. It was necessary to read the Release notes to learn about that. 

Sorry, you'll have to be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reinstalling my operating system and all my software earlier this month. I went to my account at https://account.adobe.com/products to download and reinstall a fresh copy of Adobe Captivate 11.5.5.553. I presently have a serial number associated with a complimentary license from the Adobe eLearning Community. I discovered the hard way that my download from the accounts page has been updated to version 11.8. Unfortunately for me and possibly for others my serial number is not compatible with 11.8. Fortunately I was able to find an earlier set of installation files but not everyone will have these. 2022-01-14_22-32-57.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Call me sceptical, but Captivate has not has had an update since October 2020. But suddenly, a month before perpetual licences end, a subscription only update is available.
When looking at the release notes, it does not solve the hundreds of complaints from the community that have been reported since...well not exactly sure since when, but I have had problems in 2021, using Captivate 2019, that people have reported back in 2013. Workarounds should not be the norm. 

If Adobe are forcing customers to use a subscription service by suddenly creating updates for an outdated software, try actually improve the software to make it more efficient to work in. And actually update it, some areas are so old they still use "New Times Roman" text, which looks very unproffesional compared to the rest of our specifically designed eLearning. 

There are some fantastic people out there who are making money from Captivates inadequacies, either through add-on's, Youtube videos or other services, and I applaud them, without them and the Community experts, I would have been stuck on so many occasions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wished I could make money like those you are referring to... thousands of hours spent trying to help Captivate users and writing blog posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mind giving something of myself but I expect to be compensated if I spend anything more than a few minutes helping someone with their problems. You should really do the same.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - so it's late January. I have a subscription - do we have access to this yet? I have bought a new Mac which means by default it is macOS Monterey and the M1 chipset, but I'm having to use my old mac in the meantime and not sell it, because I need 11.8 first.

Adobe have not updated this since December 17 - or the release notes. Not that I'm surprised considering the history......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this (I'm using Chrome)...

1. Log into your Adobe Account at Adobe.com
  2. Click on your avatar and click on View Account
  3. Click on Plans and payment
  4. Click on Products and find your Registered version of Adobe Captivate
  5. Click on Download
  6. Hover over Captivate 11 button for Download.zip (or the macOS equivalent)
  7. Check the link that appears in the bottom left corner of your browser and see if there is an 11_8 in the URL. If it does go ahead and download. Perform a full re-install of the software and use your regular serial number.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul

Even though Adobe Captivate is showing in my overview, and it shows as 'annual plan paid monthly' - it does not appear in the products page as mentioned above. It says I can register my product by entering a serial number, but I would presume that by having a paid subscription it should show there anyway? I cannot seem to locate the serial number within the software at all (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - just spoke to them on live chat. They told me there is no serial number as I just use my email and passwords - they also told me I will not find anything within the products page - and it can only be downloaded from the trials page. That means I have had to fill out the trial form as if I am a new customer, and am now being spammed by email by Adobe asking me to purchase Captivate, when I'm already a paid member.

The ridiculousness of Captivate and their communication is mind boggling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went through all of this absurd process and still didn't get 11.8. Wasted so much time. Not selling me on the idea of subscribing because we get none of the benefits of convenience or service associated with a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured out my mistake: Before installation, the version doesn't read 11.8. Maybe I was reading the installer version? Whatever. Experience could be better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the macOS trial link several times (using private browser window just in case), but it still downloads 11.5.5 (L21). Unfortunatly, I overwrote 11.5.5.678, which I think is the patched version specific to the latest versions of macOS, so I had to redownload that version and reinstall.

The in-app updater just says 11.5.5 is the most recent version.

My Adobe subscription dashboard has Captivate listed, but there is no option to download any version from that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have missed it in this thread, but version 11.8 is still not available for individual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. So, what type of license do the people showing the screenshots of downloading a trial of 11.8 have? I guess this means that they are all on corporate licenses of some type? Does that mean that there are different trial versions of Captivate depending on what type of account you sign in with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources