• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription-only build for Adobe Captivate: Captivate 11.8 Released

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE: Individual subscription users can get the updates in January 2022.

We are pleased to announce that we have released Captivate 11.8.

This release is a subscription-only release.

You must have an active subscription of Adobe Captivate to use the build. If you do not have an active subscription, the new update will revert to a trial mode. If you have already used your trial, you will be unable to use the build.

If you create a project with build 11.5.5 (Win/macOS), the project shall open in build 11.8. But a project created with build 11.8 will not open in build 11.5.5 (Win/macOS).

For more information, see Adobe Captivate 11.8 release notes.

This aritcle answers your queries regarding the build.

There are a few known issues, which we are working on.

Let us know your feedback.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to me, I have a license that I receive from Adobe in exchange for my frequent contributions to the Adobe eLearning Community (https://elearning.adobe.com). Unfortunately for me, my serial number is not compatible with 11.8, so if you have a similar license, I would hold off on using the new release. If you subscribe to the monthly plan, you may already have access to the download. You need to visit your account at Adobe.com and download the software from your account. If you have a perpetual license, you will not get 11.8. Version 11.5 will continue to function, and you can use it for years.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did see your screenshot as well as another from a different thread. I do have a monthly subscription to Captivate, and I understand your instrucitons, but when I log into my account at Adobe.com, I don't have the option to download Captivate (screenshot). I can access creative cloud apps from my account, but there are no download links to Captivate. Hovering over "Adobe Captivate" activates a pop-over with genral info. Clicking does nothing. Clicking on Manage plan, brings up a "lightbox" with change plan or cancel plan options.

captivate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From this page in your screenshot click on Plans and payment. Then click on Products. You should see your Registered products and the download option and serial numbers.

2022-01-19_18-08-09.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. I don't have any apps listed on that page. Because I have a subscription, I have never received a serial number, so I have no way to register a product on this page.

captivate2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing your browser cache and downloading from the trial page.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to the users who share their experience, but nobody from Adobe is going to explain the process to us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folks at Articulate Storyline must be having a field day with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason Adobe couldn't have put a link on the Captivate Updater App  under the current 11.5.5 text that said "Version 11.8" so when a user clicked on that link a new browser page would open that included the new download AND all the necssary download informaiton? 

Like others in this community I have found the information regarding the download of 11.8 to be lacking at best. 

I've seen some poor product launches in my day but this one sits right at the top. Someone at Adobe Captivate should be embarrassed about this launch. Someone higher up at Adobe should be concerned. 

Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me but I'm lost. We are finishing January.

Is version 11.8 for individual users officially available?

can we use our adobe id to work with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is available. Have a look at:

Adobe Captivate 11.8 Released - eLearning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI just updated to the new 11.8 release and I keep gettimg the following message 

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updat to your operating system.

My current Windows 10 Enterprise version is 20H2. I even tried to install on a different laptop with a Windows 10 Enterprise version of  21H1 I still keep getting the same message. When I close it the Captivate application then closes a few seconds afteerwards. Any suggestions how to fix this I even had IT folks trouble shoot by then runnign as an Admin and the same message applies. Any ideas how to fix this this is putting a big delay on all our E-llearning products delivery for June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi besabala428,
I had a problem with Captivate a few months ago asking me to sign in and saying the operating system is out of date and the support page (Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps) was less than helpful, my IT guys helped me with this link: Adobe Captivate: Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. 

But for the registry entries:
Open Registry Editor (use the search bar next to Start to find it) and go to the following location:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\ FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

Add new registry entries by right clicking, selecting new and select “DWORD (32-bit) Value”.

Type in “Set-up.exe” to replace “New Value #1”. Double click on this entry and change the value from “0” to “2af8”, ensure “Hexadecimal” is selected and click “OK”

Repeat this process for the registry entries “AASIapp.exe” and “Illustrator.exe” (if that is the application you are having trouble with, I had to use "AdobeCaptivate.exe".
Check that you also have the registry entries: “Acrobat.exe” and “AcroLicApp.exe”

Go to the following location and repeat the process of adding the 3 new DWORD entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\ FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION]

Another thing I have seen suggested is make sure the Adobe Creative Cloud is updated, maybe try this first. 

Hope this helps or you get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is complaining about my Browser and says I need to upgrade to IE 11!
What browsers and OS versions does it actually support?  As mine are all up to date.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to follow Paul's advice above *thanks Paul* but to no avail as no Captivate is listed as available for download despite being included in my monthly plan.

Any advice gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link has the new release version you can download Download Adobe Captivate 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IT folks had to completely remove all traces of Captivate and Adobe Creative Cloud from my laptop and start with a clean update to the new Windows 10 version 21H2 and removing all my adobe credentials / logins from the registry . That is what took for the new Captivate to 11.8 release to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my reply to besabala428, that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SharleneO last suggestion on updating creative cloud worked. I think that was the culprit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mucho cuidado. Si habeis pagado por la versión perpetua (11.5) y os da problemas, desde el servicio de Adobe os instalan esta versión (11.8) y entonces o pagamos todos los meses o pedimos volver a la versión 11.5. El problema es que si vuelveves todo el trabajo que hemos realizado lo perdemos ya que lo que hagamos en la versión 11.8 no vale en la versión 11.5. 

A mi me suena a engaño porque cuando te la instalan la nueva versión Adobe ve que tienes la versión perpetua y te deberían indicar los problemas que vas a tener.... Pero no pasa nada, es maravilloso.... todos esoso problemas se resuelven con dinero.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an enterprise subscription through my company but when I check for updates in Captivate it tells me that I have the latest build which is 11.5 NOT 11.8. Why can I not get the latest update? Sorry I know it has been a while but I just noticed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There no auto-update available go figure, you will have to install the new version. It will eb problematic so have your IT folks on stand by.  They shoudl just include this softwar in creative cloud it will be easier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 11.8 update is only available to users that were on a subscription license.  If you happened to be on a standalone licence for Captivate 2019 then you will not be eligible for the 11.8 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download the latest trial version and install it. Once you sign in with your account you will be fine.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This release likely brings new features, improvements, or fixes to the e-learning authoring tool, enhancing its capabilities for creating interactive and engaging learning content. Users can explore the updated features for improved content development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources