Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subtitles in Captivate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We had a company translate several of our courses in to eight different lanquages. We are no longer working with the company, so I am unable to ask them. 

They added subtitles to several videos in the courses. I need to change the color of the subtitle so it is visible over parts of the video, but I am unable to determine how or where the subtitles were added. Nothing shows up in the timeline. I exported the video to Premier Pro but the subtitles don't seem to be there (I am barely a newby in Premier Pro).

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks -

Kris Beisel

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the raw cptx-files or only the output courses?

If you have the cptx-files you need to open the Audio dialog box. That is possible by double-clicking an audio timeline in any slide. There is a Closed Captioning tab you need to open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the raw CPTX files for the course. I am not able to find an Audio Timeline or an Audio Dialogue box. 

This is what I see: 

kristineb55173706_1-1630438013070.png

Any additional suggestions?

Thanks,

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Captivate your audio added to a slide will appear as a waveform in its own layer on the Timeline panel.  So you first need to select the slide and add the audio track to that slide before you will see it.  

You can add the audio to the slide a couple of different ways.  I usually just drag the WAV file either from my system or from the Captivate Library (if it's already there) and drop it onto the slide in the filmstrip on the left.  You can also add audio to the slide by first selecting the slide in the filmstrip then going to the Properties tab, then Options, then look for the Add Audio button.  

Captivate has other ways to adde audio to a slide by adding the audio to an object ON the slide instead of the slide itself.  This is called Object Audio.  But then you do not see the audio file on the Timeline view for the slide.  You have to open the audio for the object in a separate dialog.

You can also trigger audio to play when the slide begins by using the Play Audio action triggered by the On Slide Enter event.  However, that also will not show the audio on the Timeline panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources