Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Successful completion of a SCORM Project using Micorsoft Edge

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community members,

it's my first post here and I hope, someone of you can answer my question. Thanks in advance for reading and thinking about a possible solution:

I have created a project in Captivate importing a PowerPoint presentation. For switching back and forth through the pages I use a default playbar from the Skin Editor with the required buttons. The possibility to navigate to the next pages by mouse click in the click field is deactivated. So I want the Users to only use the playbar for navigation.

The Project has been zipped and uploaded to a LMS. The settings of the project are, that the users have to watch 10 out of 14 pages to successfully complete the course.

The problem is now: Using Microsoft Edge, watching at least 10 pages and close the browser window won't turn the course to "complete". I still get an "incomplete" trying different scenarios in MS Edge.
The only possible option getting the course completed is watching at least 10 pages and close the window with the close button which is integrated into the playbar. In my opinion a browser window usually will be closed using the "x" in the top right corner of the browser window. Not using a "x" integrated in a playbar.

It is noticeable that the whole course works fine in other browsers such as IE or Firefox -> watching at least 10 Pages, closing the browser window using the "normal" close button, getting the course completed.

Do you have any idea how to change the behavior, so that the course also gets completed closing the browser window in conventional way.
Do you have an idea, where this problem could be located and solved? Settings in Captivate? Problem caused by the LMS? Or a browser issue?

Thanks again in advance! Any hints are very much appreciated.

BR, Christian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

It's difficult to offer an opinion without more detail such as all the settings you are using in the Quiz section of the preferences window. One method of testing your course is to preview it using SCORM Cloud (this option is available from the Preview icon in the toolbar). The advantage of SCORM Cloud is that you can quickly determine if any issues related to your course completed are due to your project or your LMS. If SCORM Cloud works as suggested, it is likely to be a shortcoming with your

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to offer an opinion without more detail such as all the settings you are using in the Quiz section of the preferences window. One method of testing your course is to preview it using SCORM Cloud (this option is available from the Preview icon in the toolbar). The advantage of SCORM Cloud is that you can quickly determine if any issues related to your course completed are due to your project or your LMS. If SCORM Cloud works as suggested, it is likely to be a shortcoming with your LMS. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mr. Wilson,

thanks very much for your quick response. I didn't know about the possibility of using the SCORM Cloud for preview.

After using this preview it seems, that the issue is related to the LMS. I'll ask the question to the team of the LMS. If this problem can be solved by them, I'll share the answer with you can with the community here.

BR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a little update for you, Mr. Wilson and for everyone else reading and thinking about a solution:

The reason for this problem was actually that the version of our LMS was not up to date.

And thanks again for the hint of using Scorm Cloud for preview. I will keep that in mind.

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources