• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suggestions for a Self-assessment

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the new Captivate to create a training on ergonomics with knowledge checks throughout and a self-assessment at the end. For the self-assessment, I'm using graded questions so the results are sent to the LMS. I want there to be correct and incorrect messages on the knowledge checks, and that function is working as expected.

However, I do not want the self-assessment to include correct or incorrect messages, as we are basically asking them if they have pain or are struggling to apply the guidelines we recommend in the training at their job. Is there a way to turn the correct and incorrect messages off for certain slides? If not, can anyone think of a workaround I could use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was very simple in former versions, where you can take off any feedback message. Sighing....

Possible workaround: all feedback messages are in one multistate object. Open the states and set the opacity of the Correct and Incorrect message to 0%. I couldn't find a way to delete those states, but am not at all using this new version for any job. I keep to 11.5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That does work, however, I was worried it may be confusing to the user because they miss the "press 'Y' to continue message." So I wound up changing the background to white and adding a message like "Thank you! Press 'y' to continue."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I uploaded the same message for correct and incorrect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, it was rather clunky and I feel ashamed that such workarounds are needed for a brand new version because this has never been a problem in previous versions. I have written many articles about all the tweaking possibilities for quiz slides, which have disappeared now in version 12. 

You perfected it with your solution, I just tried to find a way to take out the Correct/Incorrect messages. However I regret the loss of quizzing master slides, because you have now a lot of manual work to do which would have been much easier and quicker to realize in previous versions.

On the positive side: there are some improvements in the quiz feature. For the Review status it is now possible to take out the indicators for correct answers, something which was missing in older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources