Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swf compilation failed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you .

How to fix this "Swf compilation failed. Note: Please verify any of the actionscript keywords is used as user variable name." in captivate 8. PC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Hello and thank you all for your interest in helping. I appreciate it.
I was able to fix this with the help of Sankaram. Many thanks.

This is what worked for me:
-- Close captivate and delete the preferences and re-launch

Deleting Preferences

1. Go to the Utils folder in captivate installation folder C:\Program Files\Adobe Captivate 8 x64\Utils\ 
    2. Then  Double click “CleanPreferencesWin”
    3. Re-launch
    4. Create a blank project and press F12.

I hope this works for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps to resolve your issue:

- uninstall CP with preferences, delete Adobe CP folder in C:\Program Files\Adobe

- turn off one drive sync, re-install CP and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Captivate Gurus,

I just started getting this error out of the blue, on projects I had previously published before without any problems. Here's my basic information: I'm using Captivate 2019, and when I checked, it says my software version is up-to-date. I did just swtich from an individual monthy subscription license to an enterpris license with my company (if that is a factor at all). I needed to update 2 projects to add new updated screen shot backgrounds for approx. 3 slides per project. Previously, I published both projects as MP4s. When I tried republishing as MP4s again, I received the swf compilation issue message.I can publish to HTML5, but then have to set quiz preferences for simple demo videos. Plus our LMS lessons don't work with SCORM packages, just video files (long story there). I've tried the steps above from eburgos. I've also tried clearing my project cache, restarting my computer, etc.Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps to resolve your issue:

- uninstall CP with preferences, delete Adobe CP folder in C:\Program Files\Adobe

- turn off one drive sync, re-install CP via 

https://www.adobe.com/products/captivate/vipdownload.html

and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shiva_425, thank you. This did the trick. Although I had to have our IT department re-install the software for me, so it took them a bit to get to it (the joys of corporate course development). Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any success with this problem?  I simply want to publish an MP4 for show-and-tell and get the 'SWF compilation failed' message. I an not using any actionscrip keywords and have done everything mentioned in this post (except reload Captivate).  

Is there another way to share a demo a project to non-Captivate users, besides a video?  This could mean a huge Adobe transaction if I can get this to publish.  Right now, it looks bleak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Passive video is for sure not the best way to share an interactive eLearning project at all. Best way is to publish the project to HTML5. Upload the published folder to a webserver and share the URL to the index.html file. Here is an example link of one of my tutorials. I use a folder on my domain as webserver:

https://www.lilybiri.com/published/TimerInter/index.html

Since such a course is like a website, learner just has to click the link and all interactivity will be preserved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely!  Thanks for the information.  Too bad I am no longer able to save project directly to an .mp4, as before so it is not so cumbersome.  Now, its the entire folder, but it works just as well!  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this posted to the correct thread:

@Lilybiri:  Absolutely!  Thanks for the information.  Too bad I am no longer able to save project directly to an .mp4, as before so it is not so cumbersome.  Now, its the entire folder, but it works just as well!  Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still can publish immediately to MP4. Why do you say that it is no longer possible?

More regrettable is the fact that you can no longer publish to an interactive pdf, but that has been the case since before the death of SWF player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped using Captivate for a couple of years but used to be able to save a module as .mp4 from the dropdown:

Publish  >  Publish as: VIDEO--and voila, I'd have an .mp4.  No longer, and this is the underlying issue in this entire thread and appears to be because Adobe no longer supporting SWF.  I'm using a trial version to re-evaluate and cannot jump through the hoops of having to re-install everything.  Your solution is good enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still possible. See screenshot:

PubMP4.PNG

Sorry, but why did you doubt my comment that it is still possible. This can be frustrating.

The previous screenshot is for a non-responsive project, which is logical for a video project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources