• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF - Flash Player

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the chain in this link: No More Flash Player - What do I do? and I understand that I need to publish my project as HTML5. My question is this, and please have in mind that I am a very beginner in AC: why does Adobe still give the option of SCORM file SWF with Flash, since Flash is no longer supported? What's the point in this?

2021-08-11_16-23-41.png

The reason I am asking this is that in my 3 slides project (pretty simple), a button to go Next won't play in my HMTL5, but plays in Preview. Is this relevant? I deleted the Next Button and hope that people can pause the slide they need or just click next on the Navigation bar. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be precise, our platform works with SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004. I have not included a quiz in this project therefore I have disabled the Reporting from the Publishing settings. Thus, how can I publish this project to be compatible with our platform? I suppose HTML5, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be tricky, because not all LMSs have the same support for SCORM.

If you do not set up Reporting under Quiz Preferences (you don't need a quiz to be able to do so), you don't get a 'SCO' when publishing. Some LMSs do support uploading a non-SCO package, but may require to have it zipped. Other LMSs do require always a SCO, which means you need to set up Reporting anyway. You can use slide visit instead of score to show completion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate version 11, also indicated as CP2019, was released end of 2018. At that moment, although the EOL of Flash player was already announced, still a lot of Captivate courses were published to SWF or existing courses needed to be edited and republished. There are some differences between what is compatible with SWF and with HTML5 publishing.

Now it has no sense anymore to publish to SWF and I am sure that possibility will be taken out with the next version. Indeed you need to publish only to HTML5. Be careful: some features which are only compatible with SWF output still exist. You can have a look at Project, HTML5 tracker to check if your course is fully compatible with HTML5 output.

Publishing dialog box should be set up like this for a non-responsive project:

PublishHTML.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that helps a lot! I have reached out to our vendors for help in terms of their platform's capability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources