• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Syntax Error, project won't load

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team has been working on a project in Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499)

We have been testing the project (HTML publish) locally on our machines and everything works fine, but when we try to upload to the web, we get a weird syntax error in the CPXHRLoader.js and a reference error in the index.html "cp is not defined", and the project won't load.  I confirmed that the CPM.js is in the proper folder. It's just weird that it works locally but not online. (I also tried on multiple computers/browsers to make sure it wasn't a firewall/network/browser issue) Has anyone encountered this?  

Views

164

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Solved: It turns out that there were extra blank lines at the end of some of the captioning text fields in the slide notes panel. Once I deleted those, the project ran fine. Also, before I found the fix, I discovered that the error was only happening on one webserver. When uploaded to a different server, it ran fine. Still not sure why this would be an issue. 

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the webserver support JSON?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does. I also discovered earlier builds did load properly.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved: It turns out that there were extra blank lines at the end of some of the captioning text fields in the slide notes panel. Once I deleted those, the project ran fine. Also, before I found the fix, I discovered that the error was only happening on one webserver. When uploaded to a different server, it ran fine. Still not sure why this would be an issue. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of the servers may have been a Windows IIS server and the others may have been Apache/Linux servers.  They tend to handle some things differently.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines