• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Communication Suite 2019 does not accept license codes for Robohelp and Captivate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Technical Communication Suite 2019 and while I have managed to make it install and run FrameMaker, it won't install RoboHelp and Captivate properly.

When I try to run these programs, I get an Invalid License Number message. And Adobe Support merely points me to paid help or the community.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, this is the Captivate forum and almost exclusively populated by users. Your question really needs an answer from a staff member. Do you have any idea which version of Captivate is included? Since the last version (11.8) is subscription license only (no serial number) I wonder if your problem is linked to that situation?

I could try to get a staff member, but was frowned about that so often that I hesitate. Fed up with undeserved criticism. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Lilybiri I shall try to reach techsupport with Adobe. Seems it is an issue with that version of Technical Communication Suite having perpetual licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a thought. For the Technical Communication Suite, I believe you need to run the installation program for the Suite, not the Setup apps for the individual applications.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources