Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Template project true/false question trainer feedback

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!,

I am using a template project and the true/false question slide has a feedback message, " Incorrect! Offer feedback based on your learner's choice. Be sure to reinforce desired behavior and outcomes" 

How do I access this text so that I can edit or delete it? 

I have checked the normal quiz settings and do not see it there. I tried state view but do not see it there. Where is it hidden... 

Thank you in advance. 

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Good news: both have a dedicated master slide.

Bad news: this is not at all a normal question slide. You'll see that the Quiz Properties panel is almost completely dimmed, you cannot use it. This is a custom slide, built with multiple buttons (those have a green timeline).

The correct and incorrect messages are in one multistate object.  You may have found that it is hidden by default in the Timeline. Click the eye icon in the timeline to make them unhidden. See also:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/1-2-3-eye-buttons-mystery-2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the "Master Slide" for that quiz question?  You may find that the text has been placed on the Master  Slide for the "LC MCQ, T/F, FIB, Sequence" slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, I will check the Master slide today to see if that is the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely hope you are not talking about using a cptl-file which is the template file in Captivate, because those files are very buggy. You may point at a normal cptx-file which you used as 'master' and use that 'template' terminology in that sense. Or is it a slide from one of the Quick Start Projects in the Assets library? 

If this is a 'feedback' message on the quiz slide, in a T/F question you have a Success message and one or more Failure messages (depending on the number of question attempts). I guess that you are talking about those messages? If you want an individual feedback message for each question, you need to edit the message on the quiz slide, the same way you edit any text container: use F2 or double-click the text to go into Edit mode. You do not find the text in the Quiz Properties.

In case you want that message to be the same for all quiz slides, find the option Default labels under Quiz Preferences. You can set all labels there, but it will only be changed for new questions. Advantage: you can export and import Preferences.

Using the master slide is possible, but not recommended, because you will be changing this permanently for this theme. Moreover after changing the text you will have to reset the Master slide for each existing quiz slide. Avoid that solution whenever possible, use it only when creating a custom theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is the Quick Start Project in the Assets library. This is my first project that I have developed from the assets library. I will check the default labels and see if that is the issue. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me which slide in which Quick Start Project?  I have explored most of them to check for weaknesses, which is often the case with their Themes which include the master slides. If you give me more details I could be more specific in help tips.

Default labels will probably not be the way to go, and neither the Master slides, because they did edit the individual quiz slides. You'll need to edit each quiz slide as I described in my previous answer. Here is a link to a blog post which I wrote about the quiz/score slides in the Quick Start Projects:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/quiz-slash-score-slides-in-quick-start-projects-part-1-non-responsive-proje...

If you are on a responsive project, you'll need part 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the Lightbox 03 and Lightbox 01 slides in the Earth project. I will navigate to your blog as well. Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news: both have a dedicated master slide.

Bad news: this is not at all a normal question slide. You'll see that the Quiz Properties panel is almost completely dimmed, you cannot use it. This is a custom slide, built with multiple buttons (those have a green timeline).

The correct and incorrect messages are in one multistate object.  You may have found that it is hidden by default in the Timeline. Click the eye icon in the timeline to make them unhidden. See also:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/1-2-3-eye-buttons-mystery-2

I have done this in this screenshot. It is the top object.

LightQSP.PNG

Select the message you see, and click the State view button in its Properties panel.

Light2QSP.PNG

You see another eye icon in the Properties panel, because feedback is hidden in output as well. 

Hope you are aware of the fact that this is a pure Knowledge Check slide, it is not scored at all and you cannot transfer a score to a LMS.

If you need more explanation, just ask... The buttons trigger advanced actions (I would have used shared actions) but that will be bit too complicated to explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. I changed the marking for Correct answer, because you marked your 'Thanks' as being correct, but that would not help anyone looking for a similar problem. Hope you don't mind (have moderator 'power' here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources