• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Test me Review option- Not showing the correct answers

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have developed application based test me module, Where we are using Quiz Review option to check the entries, Now it is shoing all entries but we need to check if the entries are correct or wrong. Currently it is not showing. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description makes me think you are not using Quiz Question slides.  Is that the case?

Can you please show screenshots of what you are seeing and indicate what you think should be appearing on the Quiz Review slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RodWard, we are using a Software Simulation in Assessment mode. In the Results screen when we click on the 'Review' button it takes us through all the steps, but what we wanted is a way to let the user know if the click/text they entered is right or wrong, or even give out the correct answer for the user to understand where they went wrong. Please let me know if there is a way to do that. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working through a Software Simulation and the user is clicking areas on the screen, then those areas will have Click Boxes positioned over the top of the correct area.  In Assessment mode each step they perform is given a score and only correct clicks will be recorded.  Final score should be shown on the Quiz Results slide.

If your end users are not seeing any feedback captions appearing at each step to indicate whether or not they have clicked the correct locations, then at the moment your Click Boxes are NOT set up to display their Success or Failure captions.  If you turn on Success and Failure captions for all click boxes where you want them to appear then you can edit the text inside the captions to tell the learner where they went wrong or congratulate them for getting the answer correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Pardon me if I am wrong, this works only when the user is taking the Assessment, but will the same work when they click on the 'Review' button in the 'Results' slide?

I don't want the user to know if they are right or wrong when they are taking the Assessment, but only when they are reviewing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Review Mode the learner does not see Success/Fail indcators for the areas on screen they have clicked.

If you wanted to show similar feedback in Review Mode for Software Sims as you normally get with Quiz Questions then you would need to set up each sim slide as a Hot Spot question.  That doesn't happen by default when you create a software sim.  

The only other alternative, if you just want to use Click Boxes for the interactivity, would be to create a much more complex solution where shapes were positioned on screen to indicate the correct answer but only be visible when the project is being viewed in Review Mode.  It's possible to achieve this but it's likely to be a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a try as you said at the end. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the Review button on the Results slide? Can you tell which exact version of Captivate you are using? The full version number can be found under Help, About Captivate.  

However one of your sentences 'application based test me module,' makes me suspect that you are pointing at a software simulation in Assessment or Training mode? In that case the score is based on clicking the necessary click boxes and entering the correct text in Text Entry Boxes. There is no Review situation like you can have for question slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri, I have also replied to RodWard above, you can check that as well.

And to answer your questions:

"Did you use the Review button on the Results slide? Can you tell which exact version of Captivate you are using? The full version number can be found under Help, About Captivate."

Yes, we have used the Review button on the Results slide. We are using Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499).

"However one of your sentences 'application based test me module,' makes me suspect that you are pointing at a software simulation in Assessment or Training mode?"

Yes, we are using Assessment mode from a Software Simulation, and we wanted to know if there was a way for the user to understand where they went wrong once they click on the Review button. Currently, we can click only go through the steps again but if we could show them which steps were wrong it would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intuition was correct, about the software simulation in Assessment mode. It looks like Rod missed that in your previous answer.

The Review status which appears automatically when the Review button is clicked is only available for the Quiz slides, not for Drag&Drop slides nor for scored objects. In a software sim, assessment/training mode, you have only scored objects: click boxes and Text Entry Boxes.

If you want a 'review status' similar to what appear for the Quiz slides, you need to create it manually. Because it is a lot of work to do so for a software sim, I never wrote out a blog about the workflow. You can have a look at what I mean with 'lot of work', reading this blog about setting up and deploying a Review status for D&D slides:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/create-review-state-for-scored-drag-and-drop-slide

I post this link, because the activation using the system variable cpInReviewMode is valid also if you set up a Review status for your sim. Such a review status could be a highlight box indicating the correct click box and a feedback message for the click box slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish there was an in-built way to display the answer or right/wrong in Captivate itself. We are working on dozens of Sims with 100+ interactions, so this would be very time consuming.

Thanks for the answers, and I will keep an eye on your blog for all things related to Captivate. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, I would go for a shared action anyway but you would need to set up a good labeling system for the highlight boxes and the feedback messages.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources