• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text or images not showing

Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a module, the text or images are not showing on the main slides, but they show up in the thumbnails. (see pic).   I have to click on all the placeholders on the slide for them to show up.  I have to redo, every time I close and open the course to work on it. 

You can see thext You can't see the text

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? I suppose you already checked if perhaps the visibility on stage is turned off for the object (eye icon on timeline)? Which theme are you using? If it is a custom theme, was it created in the present version of Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 9. Yes I have the visibility on  stage. If I click on the text box, the text will appear. Once I save, close and reopen, text doesn't show and I have to re-click on all the text to get it to show. This issue just started yesterday, and I have created several modules up to this point with no issues.

I started with a 'new' captivate template and have been using it all along. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen issues mentioned like that before, sure that you are using the latest version of 9 which is 9.0.2.437.

You puzzle me with 'I started with a new captivate template'? Where did you get that template? Captivate ships with a number of themes, but not with templates. Which THEME did you use, please? Are you perhaps working in a template, which is a cptl-files?

What's in a Theme - a Template? - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I''ll check the version.

I stand corrected, I use file, new project, blank project to make the templats. We have to create our own template following FEMA guidelines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can you read that blog post? Templates cause a lot of issues since a couple of version, and in most situations you don't need a template but a theme. I still have no answer 'which THEME do you use'? A Blank project is just a type of project, like a responsive project or a video demo, it is not a template, nor a theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, and I will read your blog.  I don't think that's the issue though as I see that several others have had this issue unresolved.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2162470

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind in that case. Not everyone reports back when their problem is solved. If the theme is an upgraded theme problems do happen, you don't have to believe me of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Interestingly enough the issue started after I installed Captivate 2017 on my Mac. I thought it was only in 2017, but now when I open existing files in Captivate 8 (using 8) that were fine yesterday, the same problem exists. I have cleared all preferences, re-installed 2017, and even removed it so I could go back to 8 but nothing works.

This happens not only in the masters but in the slide content. Even if I select on everything so the fonts show up, the same thing happens each and every time the file is reopened. This is only happening on my system as other people who have the same exact install (OS, applications) can open and see the fonts in either v8 or 2017. Very strange, as the only thing I did was install 2017 and now nothing works!

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 11.43.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could fix this was to add a new slide and redo! I haven't had the problem since, but I don't reuse slides anymore either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. It turned out that this was only happening on my system and something was being corrupted. I could create a new slide and then save the file, but when I re-opened that file the same problem existed in the new slide. It also happened if I tried to publish.

In the end, my hard drive died and I received a new system. Once I installed the software on my new system, no more problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem for the first time in 3 years of working with Captivate daily. I'm on 2019 11.5.1.499, Windows 10, and this is a corporate license so to head off any suggestions about releases, I am not able to upgrade to any new release. I created a new project from a template in the Discover (eLearning Bros?) section as you can see, and added a few slides, assets and text. Now I must click on each block of text for it to reappear on the slide. I thought it was an internet speed issue at first, but leaving the project open for an hour did not make a difference. This has not happened with the previous 20 projects I've built and delivered, so I'm open to suggestions, but please know that I'm not a novice to Captivate. My project file is on my desktop, same as all previous courses while I work on each one. After completing a project I file away the project files onto our network for storage. I also cleared my cache an it did not make a difference. Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions other than 'build it all over again' because I have a storyline license as well and might prefer to rebuild it in there if I need to start over. 🙂 

Captivate Issue - Text Not Displaying.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

🙂do what you like - in regards to your Storyline license. In case you mentioned that as a kind of threat - huh! - she wants to use Storyline if she's not getting the reply she likes! - well at least I don't care. This is not a corporate forum, we are all users like you.

And then I advise you to open a new conversation with a helpful description of your issue/problem. Instead of piggybacking a 4 years old post which was dealing with older Cp versions anyway.

However, three questions (and follow-up questions):

1. Are your previous 20 projects, which you built and delivered, still working flawlessly in Captivate? (or do they show similar problems now?)
  2. Can you supply infos about the template in the Discover section? What's the name/title or download link?
  3. You are saying, you added some slides, assets and text. And now you must click on each block of text in order to make it reappear on the slide. So - does your problem only affect text captions? What about the assets or maybe some other medias?

.. Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kdmemory,

The response you posted is totally disrespectful and unnecessary. This conversation is being continued within this thread because it is the exact same problem described here, which now has history to demonstrate the issue has occurred across multiple versions of Captivate.

Regardless of whether you like me or my post, please keep your insults to me as a human out of the thread. 

Paula

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and the exact situation as you and can't find a solution. I assume you mentioned Storyline because you were venting and the person that replied to you didn't seem to understand that, nor do they understand how to interact with people.

Captivate seems to be abandoned and there's no word on Charm. Time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old thread - I don't mind your venting nor the insults which happen everywhere -  but did you post a new question and mention the version you are using, which will probably be a more recent one?

I would probably repeat what I already asked at the start of this thread: which theme do you use? If it is a custom theme (which is NOT a template) was that theme created in this version of Captivate or in an older version. Do you use Adobe fonts or websafe fonts for the texts, not system fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources