• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Training Requirements

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to convert some training from Silverlight to Adobe Captivate. I thought it wouldn't be too hard. However I am a bit confused on how to make it follow the old training requirements. 

“To complete this course:
· First take each module's pre-test. Correct answers will allow you to test out of some topics.
· Once you select a pre-test, you must answer the questions and submit it for grading before you can move on.
· A pre-test answer highlighted green indicates a correct answer and red indicates an incorrect answer. Where applicable, references will be displayed with incorrect answers.
· After completing a pre-test, look at the course menu. If a menu title has turned green, you do not need to review that topic any further (though you may want to).
· Menu titles not highlighted green must be reviewed. Green indicates completion of a topic and/or a module.
· The course is complete when all modules turn green.”

I tried using the pretest but it doesn't seem to let me know which questions the user got right. If it does, I don't know how to programmaticaly mark a slide visited based on the pretest. The requirements talk about a menu which is basically the table of contents feature. There really isn't a quiz basically you just need to visit every slide or pretest out of them. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do what you want, but I think it is beyond what is expected in a forum (helping users with specific issues) because you are almost asking for a training in the use of Captivate:

• Difference between pretest, knowledge and quiz slides
  • Quiz design and features (Review, Retak, Submit Process
  • Possible tweaks for Quizzing
  • How to  use variables, advanced and shared actions.
  • Forced view
  • How to create Branching, custom navigation

I probably miss more topics. You didn't tell whether you want to have a responsive project or not? Will you add audio to the slides? Do you need Closed Captioning? Will you report to a LMS....

A first tip: do NOT use the Pretest slides. They are very limited:

• All pretest slides need to be in sequence at the start of the project
  • All default navigation will be cirppled: using the playbar, using navigation by Table of Content, even Backwards navigation will be a problem and you'll certainly need that.

What is the alternative: if you do not need a real quiz at the end, use the normal quiz slides to create your pretest. That way you can use the Review feature (which can be tweaked). 

Some of your requirements may seem simple. However due to the big difference between your old tool and Captivate which has so many features, this may end up spending a lot of time on them. Can you reflect on what is most important to achieve the same learning efficiency as you had? Is that a specific color for a correct answer or is a checkmark also valid. Just an example of a reflection topic. Sorry, but I have been a teachter/trainer/coach for decades. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow thank you for the quick reply. Let me tell you where I am with Captivate. I have started a free trial I think I have a couple of weeks left. I have been trying to learn all about the different things you mentioned above such as advanced actions etc.In the current training there are animations, hover over images to get more info on a certain topic etc. There isn't any audio so CC is not necessirily needed. It does need to report to an LMS and keep track of what the student as viewed/completed. I know they would like to be able to use it on other devices such as a tablet or phone if able to since Silverlight is limited and going away. So I would say it should probably be a responsive project?

Currently when a student takes a pretest all the questions are on one page that has a scroll bar. They submit their answers and it will show them all of the answers they got right and wrong on one page. However I guess it could be on mulptiple pages if needed or even on the same page the question is on. Then certain topics in the table of contents will be marked visited based on what questions they got right. The topics don't need to be marked green but some sort of designation such as a check mark would be fine. I think I could understand variables, advanced actions / shared actions since I am a programmer but I'm just trying to learn how to use Captivate. I've read multiple answers to similar questions but couldn't find anything like my problem.

Thanks for your support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources