Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent button click area not registering

Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I noticed on one of our old builds some of the transparent buttons have areas where there the cursor is not registering, so the states don't change or the scoring is submitted. I've attached a video recording to show what I mean. However some areas of the button work as intended. I have also included a video of the button settings and states. Everything on this button is the same as buttons on other slides that work correctly. Is this something corrupted on this slide since some slides within this Captivate file work as intended? If I duplicate the slide, the button is still broken, however if I add and build a new slide the new button works. So I can rebuild the broken slides if need be, but thought I'd ask the community before committing too much time to rebuilding!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you want to show with the videos.

Are you talking only about Quiz slides? Which theme are you using?  All quiz slides are based on master slides. If some of the quiz slides are not functional, and others are, please reset the master slide for the non-functional slides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response! It seems there is only one quiz slide created in the master slides, in which all of my multiple choice slides in this module are using. So I'm a bit perplexed why the transparent button built into the master quiz slide is fully working on some but not others. Apologies if the videos weren't very helpful! "The Vertebral Column and Thoracic Cage - transparent button hover.mp4" is the video which shows when the cursor is over the Submit button the states only change on certain areas of the button. For some reason this broken button only seems to register the cursor in the top half of the button. On the functioning buttons, the cursor with change the button state as soon as it encounters the button. The "Vertebral Column - settings.mp4" video isn't really necessary but I thought I'd include it in case any of the settings might be influencing the button functionality!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buttons on quiz slides are embedded, I don't really understand why they would be functioning correct on some slides, and not on other slides. That is why I suggest to reset the master slide for those quiz slides where you have issues. Although I know that shape buttons had issues like you describe in some earlier versions, I never did see it for the old Transparent buttons. Quiz slides only support the old types. Do you also have the same problem if you change to Text button instead of Transparent button? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting the master slide as well as converting it to a text button and an image button, however none of those seem to have fixed it. Very odd indeed! This is an old file, probably originally created in 2017 so even though it's been saved and updated on newer Captivate versions, perhaps something broke or carried over from the past. It's looking like I may have to rebuild these slides since we've had some users complain about it, even if the top half of the button is functional. At least it only seems to be affecting our multiple choice slides! Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, it looks like those specific slides are corrupted. This is probably due to not really upgrading the Theme to the new versions, since master slides are an important part of themes. Quiz slides have not been changed that much, it is really a weird problem you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources