• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial version publishing

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to tell if a file has been published using a trial version? (before it expires of course)

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very good question.  As far as I know, the answer is NO.

However, inside each folder where a Captivate project is published to HTML5 there will be a small TXT file called project.txt and this will tell you what exact version was used to publishe the project. 

Since I do not have a Trial version of Captivate, I cannot test to see whether this file would indicate it was a trial version of CP used to create the output.  If you can test that, let us know.  I tend to doubt that it will solve your problem but it's the only thing I can offer at the moment.

Buried down deep inside one of the JavaScript files in the output there will be some code that checks whether or not 30 days have expired since the project was published.  Hopefully one of the JS gurus on this forum can tell you where that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Rod. I'll do some digging. If I find anything I'll post it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, because I do not have a trial version neither. However to check if the expiry date appears in the project.txt file to which Rod refers, I published a project after inserting an expiry date. That date was not appearing the txt file. Although publishing with a trial version may be different, I doubt very much that it would be included in that txt file. It would make it too easy to change that expiry date, wouldn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure about it being too easy to change the expiry date in the text file, it's apparently very easy to reset the end date for the trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources