• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trigger Variables on Page Revisit

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my slides has four points of text that appear only after the learner clicks four separate buttons. I have advanced actions on each button to show the text and modify one of four separate variables to be 'done' (which tells the Next button to enable and allows the learner to advance).

Currently, if you revisit that slide, the buttons do not appear at all so you're not able to click and see the corresponding text again. I would like, on slide revisit, that the buttons appear immediately and text appears without clicking.

I'm an advanced user of a competitor's authoring tool so I'm trying to "unlearn" how advanced interactions were done in 'L' and how to do it in Captivate. How I would natually program it doesn't work. so I'm wondering what I'm missing. Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the timeline and the advanced or shared actions this is pretty impossible to see the workflow.

I have several posts about forcing a first view, but having everything available on a second or later visit.  But my workflow may be totally different. i rarely use Show/Hide when it can be done with multistate objects. I often use micro-navigation.

Here is one link:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/force-first-slide-view-micro-navigation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without seeing more - and from the way I understand the reading - here is what I would do.

Sounds like you have some variables already in place for the text after the learner clicks the button.

I would place an  onEnter  action to check those variables.

If,  onEnter,  the variable is set as false (0) then do not show the text and if the variable is set as true (1) **or done in your case** then show the text.

The buttons should always be present as I understand it so make sure that they are set to display for the entire slide and do not have any other actions working on them.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources