• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Triggered Audio on Quiz Slides

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect I already know the answer to this but worth a shot.

Building a module for a client, they are insisting on having a voiceover read the question and the answers for every quiz question. Clicking on the wrong answer provides some audio feedback and clicking the right answer provides some different audio feedback.

I have used the on slide load action to trigger the audio. Attached the wrong/right answer audio to the default feedback captions (correct and retry) and set the quiz for infinite attempts.

My question is - is there anyway to stop the triggered audio when the user submits their answer? So that the feedback audio plays and the triggered audio is paused?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't tell which type of question slides? Because MCQ with one correct answer offers the advantage of the Advanced Answer feature. That could be used to have the command 'Play Audio' triggered when a correct or a wrong answer is submitted. If you use the same command On Enter for the Quiz slide, the problem would be solved. Typical for this type of audio is that you can never have two audio clips playing at the same time. If a new audio clip is started with Play Audio before another one is finished, the first one will be stopped automatically.

If you want to keep the slide audio, another approach could be to prevent the Submit button to become visibile before the audio is finished? If that is an option, can poiint you to a cheating workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I think you've nailed it! So it DOESN't work if I simply try and play audio as the advanced answer action, it DOES work if I show a caption but only AFTER clicking out of the caption. However if I create an advanced action that first pauses the triggered audio, plays the new audio AND shows a custom smartshape with the feedback text on it then it all works. Of course this means a huge manual job of setting up all the advanced answer actions individually and creating manual close buttons for the custom feedback boxes.....but it works!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparentlty you didin't understand what I wrote. Everything needs to be triggered by 'Play Audio', including the question and answers. Advanced Answer option includes the possibility to show dedicated feedback AND an action. If you use the worfflow you descirben, I would opt for a custom question, not using the default type of questions. Default feedback messages are not meant to have a close button, you can only edit the time of the message. I would use the Advanced Answer option to trigger a shared action which shows a state of a multistate object, and the command Play Audio.  Certainly not duplicate advanced actions. In the shared action you can use the timing as a parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so if I need audio and feedback captions then instead if using multiple advanced actions you would use shared actions? And change the state of the feedback object based on the answer selected? 

What do you mean use the timing as a parameter? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shared actions have parameters. Since each audio clip will have a different duration, you'll need to go back to the empty normal state after a time to close the feedback. That 'time' will need to be one of the parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources