Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim an imported video in Adobe Captivate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have imported a video in Captivate and want to trim the video. Is there an option to do this. I cant see how to remove sections under Edit timing but do recall I have done this before.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps when you tell which exact version you are using? You find the full version number under Help, About Captivate. At this moment there are two completely different versions around and terminology, workflows are completely different. It is not helping you if I explain a workflow which is totally incompatible with your present version.

Trimming is indeed removing parts of the video, at the start, somewhere else or in the middle. Is that what you mean by trimming? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Captivate 19 - 11.5.5.553 and yes I am trying to trim the start and end and some mistakes during.

Thanks

Claire 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for replying to the email as it has my details. How do you edit these posts pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I am a moderator (I took out your personal credentials) I have some more options under the 'More...', first of it is Edit Reply. But I can edit yours as well, you cannot edit mine. I would have done it anyway when I did see this, probably because you used the automatic signature on your mails.

Video editing is very limited in Captivate.  Audio editing is a bit better, because you'll always have the non-compressed audio file (WAV). Even if you insert audio as MP3, for editing it will be expanded to WAV. For video that is not the case and there are many video formats. MP4 is a compressed format.

If you insert the video as event video, you don't have any editing available. If you insert it as slide video, you can distribute over multiple slides and edit the slide markers using Video, Edit Video. You can cut off the end by shortening the duration of the last slide.

I always will edit video in Premiere Rush myself, but I am sure there are free video editors available. MP3 is 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources