• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to authenticate LMS URL

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to get the URL for the LMS using captivate to authenticate the approved client LMS for which we have provided the captivate courses. So the idea is to check the LMS URL at the beginning of the course with the click of a button and then approve the course to run or exit based on the parameters. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you post this also in the eLearning community? Yesterday I have answered most questions there, but not this one because I don't feel comfortable. Maybe I don't understand correctly but it feels like you want to transfer a typical LMS functionality to the authoring tool for courses which is Captivate. Why? Normally access to a LMS is managed by the LMS: only learners having a valid account on the LMS will get access to the courses which are attributed to their curriculum in the LMS. What do you want to achieve with your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some clients want to host our courses on their LMS. This is just to block access for unauthorized distribution of the courses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Lilybiri.  This is not something you should try to control from within the Captivate content.  There is a much better way to control access. 

You should talk to SCORM Cloud about using their Dispatch service.  That means you only have to upload your course to a single location (SCORM Cloud) and they take care of distributing the content securely to all other LMS platforms you stipulate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources