• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to publish to a web server

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if this is a duplicate - I thought I submitted this yesterday, but I don't see it up in the community.....

I have several courses which I've published as SCORM for use through our LMS. I've now been asked to republish them as HTML5 so that we can post them on an internal web server. The idea here is that we have new customers who do not yet have an active login to our LMS, who would benefit from some pre-training prior to coming onboard.

After working with Adobe support, I was directed to this support page: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/captivate/using/report-quiz-results-internal-server.html

I changed the Edit>Preferences>Quiz>Reporting tab so that it has the box checked to Enable reporting for this project and for the LMS field chose Internal server. I clicked the Configure button and have tried both entering the URL for our server and then the IP address

But when I publish and give it to our LMS team, they tell me the file opens but then just spins with the preloader. I have to admit we are having extra difficulty because due to Covid, we have several furloughed employees who would have typically handled this. But this team is telling me that they think the problem lies with Captivate. Similar courses they were given published in Storyline have an "index.html5.html" file while mine just has "index.html."  So their conclusion is that I haven't actually published in html5 even though I've shown them a screenshot of my publish to desktop screen which clearly says that I am.

I'm sure this is user error and that I am missing something obvious. Can anyone assist me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Internal Server Reporting option in Captivate expects you to have a webserver capable of running PHP.  You are supposed to upload some PHP pages that ship with Captivate (and are buried down in the Captivate install directory at the moment).  Once these are on the webserver and properly configured, the content consumed by end users should be communicating with these PHP pages and record their interaction in text files residing on the same web server.

If all of this sounds too complicated for you, that's because it IS too complicated for anyone other than a seriously capable web developer with PHP expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources