• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Actions Allowed for One Click Button?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to accommodate both Windows and Mac users. There are issues with both right-clicking and pressing Delete. For example, with Windows, pressing Delete deletes the character to the right. On a Mac keyboard, pressing Delete operates like the Backspace key (unless you do a Fn+Delete or Ctrl+D). We are not wanting to eliminate all Delete and right-click actions simply because they don't work. Instead, we would love to somehow allow users to either press Delete or Ctrl+D, whichever is applicable, to advance to the next slide. Is this possible? It seems I have read something about Advanced Actions, but if this is the way to go, I would need some pictures of what the Adv Action would look like to accomplish this. If someone can assist with this, you would be my hero!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want your users to press the  'Delete'  key on their keyboards to advance slides?

Are you trying to mimic a software program that does that...?

If not - a good old fashioned button with a simple action of go to next slide will do the trick or if you prefer, they can use the native playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am creating a simulation. So, in this simulation, the proper key in the software, e.g., PowerPoint, to delete the selection, is to press the Delete key. After the user does the correct keystroke, we want them to advance to the next slide. The problem is, when that user is on a Mac, the Delete key does not work. We would like it so that either Delete or Ctrl+F1, for example, would progress the simulation to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...

I wonder if you could do this with a couple of hidden butttons.

Have one button use a shortcut of  the delete key and the other use a shortcut of  Ctrl-F1

The success action of the buttons would be to advance.

Stagprime_0-1592417582850.png

Stagprime_1-1592417600080.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me clarify the term hidden.

I do not mean to hide the button completely because then it won't work.

I mean to make it invisible and really small and place it somewhere no one is likely to click. Something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you wanted to get real fancy - you might setup a variable to  track whether or not the object you wish to delete from the screen is "selected".

Then on your buttons - use an advanced action to check the variable and only go to the next slide if it has been set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources