• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access assets in Adobe Captivate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in IT for a mid-size company and have a few users who have Captivate installed.

The are able to see the assets in c:\users\public\public documents etc... but are unable to see them when they are in Captivate

We have Forcepoint web proxy installed on each device.  If I stop this proxy from running then the assets appear so it is obviously this causing the issue.

As the assets are stored locally I didn't think the proxy would be casuing any issue but it evidently is. However, I cannot see where Captivate redirects to when the assets are requested...I have checked the logs for a specific user and cannot see any Adobe sites being blocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a question to be answered by a staff member, I am just a user. Know that the Assets panel will contact a sserver (for some assets) or the eLearning Brothers' website.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am attaching the link to Assetpanel file as the text file. Kindly save it on your machine locally and re-name it as Assetpanel.js and follow the below steps

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/fdb0e2ff-f753-40e5-5646-75e8fbf3eea8

1. Copy AssetPanel.js file from the attached to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64/ui_components/AssetsPanel folder.
  2. Try opening captivate and check whether asset panel is loading fine.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting a little much for me.. Thank you for you tool ideas..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, just download that file from the provided link. I asked a staff member for help in your name.

You will need administrator rights for Captivate or contact your IT people. Show them the instructions  of Mayank to copy the file to the appropriate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mayank,

That has resolved the issue - thank you very much

Just out of interest can I ask what this file does over the one that was already there?

I have noticed it is half the size of the assetpanel.js I have on my machine

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources