Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Captivate 7 on windows 10 after successful installation

New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have got captivate 7 license from my company. They want to me install captivate 7 on company laptop. The license has been tranfe rred to me from another employee who resigned.

My company laptop has Windows 10 OS (64 bit). I am able to install captivate 7 succesfully and it shows in programs and Features as installed app.

But I can't see anywhere in my laptop captivate icon to launch and open captivate 7 software to use.

I don't have any previous versions of captivate 7 installed. This is the first time I am installing any captivate installation. This is urgent. Kindly help 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the bottom right corner of your Windows 10 screen.  There should be a text field there with the words "Type here to search"

Type in "Captivate" and see what you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot shows that you didn't yet launch the installer exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the screenshot of what I get when I search with "CAPTIV"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about the version? Check the full version number under Help, About Captivate? Captivate 7 is very old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way for me to launch captivate software so that I go and see help. I have licensed executable file of Captivate 7 with name "Captivate7.0_Windows_English_x64_setup.exe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if you haven't actually installed it yet.

Captivate has a two-step installation process.  When you download the installer it first has to go through an 'unpacking' procedure where it basically extracts all the actual installation files and (usually) places them in a folder on your desktop.  

Have a lookt at your desktop now.  Do you see any folders there that you don't remember being there before?  It could be that you have only so far done the first half of the installation procedure.

However, even if this IS the problem.  I agree with Lilybiri.  Captivate 7 is far to old.  Your organisation should really be updating to Captivate 2019 and using a subscription version so that you can always have the very latest version whenever there are updates.  I understand this is perhaps NOT your call, but that's our advice to you.  You will get NO SUPPORT AT ALL from Adobe for a version as old as Captivate 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources