Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to pause while recording

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using adobe captivate 8 but i am unable to pause my recordings. I changed the settings but it is still not working. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

You are a newbie? It is not because the software simulations are slide-based that they don't look like a video when published. Just FYI.

For a cpvc: there is no pause button. I always record in small chunks myself, preparing sort of a storyboard and create several short video clips in the same video with this work flow:

• Capture the first clip, stop with End button but leave the application you are recording open
  • Go into the Video editor (Edit button bottom right)
  • Put the playhead at the end of that

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the creation of a cpvc file (Video Demo) or capturing a simulation in a cptx project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While recording the screencast in both way. I tried in both condition but it is not working in any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I ask if it is a cpvc or a cptx-project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its cpvc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working on cptx but it creates slide rather than video. How it will work on video demo. Kindly help.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a newbie? It is not because the software simulations are slide-based that they don't look like a video when published. Just FYI.

For a cpvc: there is no pause button. I always record in small chunks myself, preparing sort of a storyboard and create several short video clips in the same video with this work flow:

• Capture the first clip, stop with End button but leave the application you are recording open
  • Go into the Video editor (Edit button bottom right)
  • Put the playhead at the end of that first clip
  • Choose Insert, Video Recording
  • Create second video clip, end it with the End button
  • Second clip will be inserted after the first clip as you'll see in the Video editor
  • You can create a transition between the two clips while editing
  • Put the playhead at the end of the second clip, and you are ready for a new clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lily,

Yes i am totally newbie to this software. Its my first time i am trying adobe captivate. It seems you have lots of experience in course creation. May i ask some of the confusions i have regarding course creation.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that explanation not sufficient? I tried to create a step-by-step work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but i am so new to course creation and i have little more confusion that's why i am just asking. If only you are comfortable then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always post questions in this forum.

I marked this thread as 'Assumed Answered', I don't think you wanted to indicate a correct answer but for this question your problem is solved, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i would have market that one correct answer, but i was waiting for your reply.

Thanks for the support ........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, There appears to be no pause button while recording a video. Pause on the keyboard does not work and there is no option in the preferences like Captivate 8.

Any assistance greatfully accepted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has never been a Pause button for a Video demo. I gave the work flow you can use, look at the Correct Answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it appears that program simulation has one and video recording has not,

Thanks for the reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C_Q8snby8Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2016 Feb 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what I exolained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, the most widely used applications are from adobe and I found this company the greediest. Not a single application is user friendly. I think they presume every customer is a software engineer. I don't know why they do so. Moreover, their troubleshooting and support system confuses more than that of the application. Still facing problems using this captivate. But, now I have decided not to use any of adobe software or applications further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a question: 

If most people are NOT software engineers, AND none of the Adobe apps are user friendly, WHY would they end up being the most widely used?

Something about these statements does not make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen! your widely used application is the only PDF reader, and that is also the free version. Your other products are not for common people. Pl. check your user statistics, you will know more. I don't know in which eutopia you people live. 

Hope this will make sense 😀

I request you people, either make easy to use applications or provide understandable troubleshoots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You DO realise I am just another Adobe user like yourself, right? I don't work for Adobe and I certainly don't 'make' their products.

It says Adobe Community Professional under my username on the forum only because I happen to belong to the Adobe Captivate Community here and I happen to have posted a lot of answers to people's questions.

If you want answers to problems about Captivate, ask relevant questions.  If you just want to rant about Adobe, try one of their competitors.  They will be happy to sell some of their own products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources