• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to publish project to computer after latest update.

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I'm in need of urgent help. 

When publishing my project to the computer from Captivate I get an error message saying: "Could not copy to folder: users/(my folders here)/assets".

I've never had a problem with this before the latest updates. I have tried clearing the cache and allowing Captivate full accesss to my disk. What can I do? I really need get this published and sent off to the client for testing as soon as possible.

I'm running. Mac Os Catalina: 10.15.7

Adobe Captivate. 11.5.5

Thanks, 

NJC

TOPICS
Advanced , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean the Preferences? Find the folder 'utils' under the installation folder and run CleanPreferencesMac, while Captivate is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, however this did not solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you restart the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you don't have the previously published output still open in your web browser when you try to publish again otherwise you can get this error.  So close the web browser and try republishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I have managed to get captivate to publish after I shut everything down and restarted my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do still get the error message though after further attempts to publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I notice that your question was from November 2020 and it is almiost November 2021 but I have the same issue - I did everything everyoine here suggested and nothing worked.. but I found the asnwer that worked for me.

1. Edit Menu

2. Preferences

3. Quiz Tab - even if it isn't a quiz)

4. Title area - clean out everything in this field. - my error was caused because there was a space after the title name in this field - once I eliminated the space it published just fin.  

Took over an hour to find this solution - grrrr

But now it is published and I can quit work for the day! yayy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources