Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Myriad Pro Light in template creation

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded Captivate and am trying to create a template using Myriad Pro Light but it is not available in the drop down menu. I am creating coporate e-learning so font is non-negociable, unfortunately.

Is there a way to reinstate it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been quite a while ago since both Myriad and Minion were no longer free fonts. You don't tell which exact version you are using now but Myriad is an Adobe font, and you can activate Adobe fonts to use them in any project.

When you talk about a 'template', I hope you don't mean a cptl-file because they are buggy. Most of their functionality is now included in the Theme. It seems like you have upgraded from a rather old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

I eventually managed to reinstate Myriad and it seems to be working for now.

Yes, a cptl file. I was only on the previous version, I had no idea the template files were buggy though, this is just how I have been told to use it! Does theme do the same kinda thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even in the previous version Myriad was no longer a free font.

Be careful: I hope you didn't install it as a system font, but activated the Adobe font. That will be a guarantee that learners will see the correct font even if they haven't installed it as system font. More in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

Since CP6 Themes have replaced the ctpl-files for design consistency. Themes have even be more improved in the most recent version 11.5.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

http://blog.lilybiri.com/themes-are-time-savers-what-is-new-in-11-dot-5

Problems with cptl files occur when using variables and actions in the template. If you want to use a file to start with which has more than a theme, use a cptx project which you can lock to editing in the OS. In that case you can only use a copy of the original cptx-project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources