• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to 11.5 release and can no longer preview in HTML5

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the update to the new release last week and since then things have been wonky.  The main issue is that I can no longer use the option to  preview HTML5 in browser.  I get a message that the site can't be reached.  These are the same files I was able to preview a week ago.  Instead, I have to publish then click through 50 slides to get to the one button on one slide I need  to preview ... PITA.

PreviewHTML5.png

Another major issue since the upgrade is that all my advanced and shared actions no longer work.  I can rewrite the same exact script and it works, but the originals are dead. I realize this is a separate issue in its own right, but mention it here in the off chance that they might in some way be related.  Also can't get the image as button option to work, which is the reason I upgraded in the first place! 

Very frustrated!!

Katherine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you upgraded, did you follow all the instructions about resetting Preferences and Layouts etc?  If not, that might be worth trying.

If it still misbehaves, please log a bug report.  This particular release has had quite a few issues and Adobe needs to step up to the plate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IT department did the upgrade so I will have to check with them.  Where can I find those instructions now that the update is complete?  Is there any way to roll back to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Katherine,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding HTML 5 preview not working: Please restart Captivate and maybe the machine and then try HTML5 preview. It should work. Still if it doesn't then you can share the project with us.

Also, regarding scripts not working post upgrade, we need the project to see the problem.

You can email the project to: shrgupta@adobe.com

Regards

Shreya

Adobe Captivate Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was there a final resolution to this? I am having the same issue when trying to preview in HMTL5 when I wasn't having that issue yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try another browser, and which browser are you using? Responsive or non-responsive project? Which exact version number (Help, About Captivate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources