Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating zip file to Captivate Prime doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you help please?

I'm not able to upload a .zip file created in Adobe Captivate 2019 and published to computer as HTML/SWF.

It says File type could not be added. Please read about static and interactive file types before uploading.

I did read it, but didn't find anything that would help.

To avoid any troubles in the project, I created a new empty project and just published.

Still doesn't work.

Don't you have any idea or recommendation?

Thanks,

Martina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most users helping here are Captivate users. However I wonder if it is not better to post this question in the Adobe Learning Manager (formerly Prime) forum? Personally I have no idea what that platform accepts: zipped packages as well as SCOs or only SCOs. Was Quiz Reporting activated for this course? If yes, you have created a SCO and normally that is accepted by any LMS. About a zipped package, I am not sure. Blackboard accepts that type of package, but for sure not all LMSs do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, you're maybe right, I should asi in the Prime forum.

Strange is that it used to work fine, now I can't upload even any of my older projects that used to work.

At our company we work on one drive. After not being able to upload it, I was trying to move all files to local C:/ folder, it didn't work, so I copied it back, I'm not sure if I hadn't destroyed something with this movements.

Thank you for your reply, I will try the forum you're suggesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can move this thread to the Adobe Learning Manager forum if you want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I would leave it also here, I'm not sure whether the problem is in an ACP or or Captivate 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, you were right, I found the reason and it was mainly a question of ALM. Are you able to delete my question here so that it doesn't create an unnecessary mess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

are there any rules where the captivate.exe file MyAdobeCaptivateProjects, AdobeCaptivateCachedProject folders or any other files or folders related to Captivate should be stored?

We work on OneDrive at work. I thought this could be the problem and moved the folders MyAdobeCaptivateProjects and AdobeCaptivateCachedProject to the local C:/. The .exe file I'm not alowed to move.

After that I found out that I'm not able to upload even my older .zip files that used to work before.

So I restored the folders back to OneDrive.

It didn't help. Now I have everything stored twice and am afraid to move or delete anything.

But still I can't upload anything. I tried to publish .zip to computer and also Publish to Adobe Captivate Prime. Nohting works for me now. 😞

Appretiate any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources