Adobe Captive had a recent outage starting March 9th, 2021 and ever since that original issue we have had consistent video errors on newly published courses. We have been able to recreate these issues over and over when testing within chrome on PC and MAC. We have tested on more than 7 different computers on different networks and in different locations. We have tested various different videos, different frame rates, and video codec do not seem to be a factor. We have tried testing multiple videos in a blank project making sure it wasn't a template issue. The issues happen on slides with and without slide audio. When these video errors occur the entire course and timeline break, it some cases can be temporarily fixed with a refresh but that is NOT good enough.
Please insert images, don't attach them. For security and other reasons I don't download them anymore, then open in the associated graphics application, screen and delete again.
What you call the 'outage' was not linked with video, but with the upload of sound effects to the Assets Library. They have been take out. Did you try to clean the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils', run the CleanPreferences... for your OS while Captivate is closed. Restart Captivate and check if you still have the issue.
It does it on fresh windows installation and fresh captivate installation
You are on Mac. I have no experience with Captivate on Mac, will try to contact a staff member.
Actually, look at the screenshots a little closer. Some are Mac, some are PC. She's demonstrating that the problem can consistently be recreated on both Mac and PC.
At least 4-5 people within our organization have demonstrated they can recreate the problem with regularity (we're limited to who has the bandwidth to assist us in testing for this problem and we're most certainly not releasing courses to our students and subjecting our customer care to a litany of calls, do I think the sample size we have is sufficient to demonstrate a problem). Courses have been published on both PC and on Mac. Courses have been published on at least four different workstations, and on at least three different networks spread out as we're all working from home. We can recreate the problem on fresh installs of Captivate, and even on completely fresh installs of Windows (new partitions, no leftover files). We can recreate the problem in old projects, new projects, and even blank projects loaded with nothing but event videos that we add to test. The more videos in a project, the higher the frequency of the error. Pretty much any set of circumstances one can think of, we've tested and the problem can still be reliably and consistently recreated.
I have sent you a private message and shared the details to contact us directly so that we can connect and look into the issue.
I will be looking forward to your response.