• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Adobe captivate as an interactive ticketing system?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a special question, I have an experiment with Adobe Captivate and I would like to know if you can create commands with buttons so that a text example in Excel can be inserted in a specific cell.

I know that was a little stupid explained but here is an example:

You create an interactive button and when you click on this button then a text (which you have previously defined) should be added in Excel or Word.

What is the goal?

Well, we have created a ticket system at work with Excel macros and enter there always processes that repeat themselves over and over again. In order to speed up this process, I thought we could create a ticket system in which the buttons are simply clicked in a sequence and everything is automatically filled out in Excel with just a few clicks. Without that we must select a cell and there because certain text must write again and again.

With Javascript this should be possible with Adobe Captivate ? I know that Adobe Captivate is not actually intended for this but the functions are actually available only the question is how to connect the whole thing with Excel?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do this using Google Sheets. I use shhets in a project to record user quiz responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is possible then I would like to know how this works what exactly do I need to do and do I need to use javascript for this or rather just set conditions? would it also be sufficient to create buttons that trigger a macro in sheets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's fairly complicated, but you need to set up the Google Sheet and get the API key.

You then attach a JS file to your Captivate output or edit the CP template files. Put the API key in the JavaScript. You will need to trigger a JavaScript function with an enterslide or a button to get the CP variables and send them to the sheet. The Google Apps Script will need to be written to know what to do with the information. There is lots of documentqtion on the GAS, but not the CP part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources