• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use as Button not working

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a .png file I am using as a button.  I have Use as Button selected.  Under Actions: On Success: Jump to slide and I have a slide choosen.  Infinnite Attemps is selected but nothing happens.  I cleared the cache and shut down and restarted.  Any suggestions?

Erin5C71_0-1646953516439.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The jump to slide action may be blocked by some other setting in Captivate.  E.g. Sometimes the Quiz settings do not allow the user to jump to slides that would mean they skip the quiz, or backward movement is disabled preventing jumping back to earlier slides in a quiz.

Try changing the slide that you are jumping to for another slide elsewhere in the project to test if the issue is the particular slide you selected.  E.g. select a slide BEFORE it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is always a good idea to mention the exact version you are using, the full number as can be found under Help, About Captivate. From the question I know it is one of the versions 11.5 or later.

You didn't mention how you tested at all. If you are on a non-responsive project, please alwayst test using F11, Preview HTML in Browser. The only better way is by using a published version which is uploaded to a webserver.

Example: if you use Preview, next 5 slides, it is possible that the Jump to slide will not be functional because the target slide will not be created in a temporary output.

Another reason if you use F11 could be that you have a quiz, but want to move back to a previous slide and you didn't allow Backward movement in the Quiz Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources