• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using captivate to produce a form

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I am currently using Captivate to produce a standalone .exe assessment and learning tool for my organisation which will allow my staff to inspect a sea going vessel. The tool prompts the user to take photographs of various documents and items.

They then have to fill out a seperate word document with the required information and then email that over to our marine operations department.

What I would like to is integrate the whole process. For example...

Individual takes photograph of a fire extinguisher certificate.

Uploads it into the assessment tool fire extinguisher section and carrys on with the rest of the inspection

At the end they simply hit compile report and a report in the require format and layout is produced and they can then email this to our marine operations team. 

Is this possible within Captivate?

thank you in advance

Kind regards

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.  A system this sophisticated would need to be specially designed, developed, debugged and deployed.  You would need the services of programmers capable of creating a mobile app, not an elearning course.

I once heard about a very similar app that was created for real estate agents that had to perform inspections on properties.  They also had to take photos of damage or issues, create a report document, and then upload that to the main server, all using their mobile phone.  That sounds more like the kind of think you need to be looking for, doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources