• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variables/Advanced Actions on 360 Slides (VR)

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to adjust variables or have any kinds of advanced interactions on 360 slides (VR)?

For some background, I'm creating a "scavenger hunt" style game and I wanted to display a text box/image to appear once all of the hotspots have been visited. I know there is a default message that appears when all hotspots have been clicked but it's not very noticeable and disappears after a couple seconds (as far as I'm aware it can't be adjusted).

I understand this would be easier in a "guided" 360 slide because I could just pause and play between interactions but in "exploratory" mode the user can click any object in any order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Very simple answer: NO, you cannot use advanced actions which would be needed to assign values to variables or toggle variables, triggered by hotspots.

BTW I edited the topic title. Advanced Interactions is a panel in Captivate. You meant Advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very simple answer: NO, you cannot use advanced actions which would be needed to assign values to variables or toggle variables, triggered by hotspots.

BTW I edited the topic title. Advanced Interactions is a panel in Captivate. You meant Advanced actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Is there any way to accomplish what I'm talking about as far as triggering something once all hot spots have been visited? Or a way to adjust the default response?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Following this thread because I too would love to be able to provide a scoreboard or leaderboard type of visual that says something like "You have found 1 out of 9 hot spots." I tried typing the variable $$cpQuizInfoTotalProjectPoints$$ (because I assigned 1 quiz point for each hot spot) into a Text box on the 360 slide, but the variable does not take over and only the plain text displays as written. It would be fabulous if we could use variables to display a running tally. Especially since the green check mark by all visited hot spots disappears upon slide revisit. I have 3 rooms in my VR experience. I'm afraid the learners will loose track of visited spots if they back track into rooms they have already explored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources