Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video created in Captivate 2019 will not play after publishing

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a blank project in Captivate 2019, then chose video demo from the slides menu. I created my video, which plays fine in preview, but when I publish it as Video it will not play. All I get is the first frame of the video with a revolving wheel (see image below).

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks

MichaelCaptivateVideo.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uploading your content to a web server or LMS and test from there.  HTML5 content requires a web server environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the reply.

I published it as an mp4 so it should play straight from my PC without needing to be uploaded to a web server. I've created a number of videos previously and had no trouble until today.

Cheers

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something doesn't add up here.  I have not seen that particular loading animation as a default part of an MP4 video file. 

So did you navigate to the MP4 publish folder location on your PC and just double-click the MP4 to view it?  Or were you trying to view the MP4 from within Captivate's preview options? 

Are you working on the CPTX locally on your PC, or over a network?

Have you tried viewing the MP4 via another app, e.g. something like VLC or Windows Media Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod,

I navigated to the publish folder and double-clicked on it to view it. I'm working on cptx locally on my PC. I've tried playing it in VLC and Windows Media Player.

I've since recreated it using the same method and it plays ok. I guess the previous version got corrupted somehow. 

Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  That makes sense.  Good to see you got it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources