• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video demo project just turned white

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I captured a video demo an hour ago and I've been editing it. Now the screen is suddenly white with no images on it at all, but the audio works just fine. Does anyone kniw how I can fix this please? Thanks in advance 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the timeline from the editor ?  At least the first part. Which version do you use, as mentioned under Help, About Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I'm using Captivate 2019 release. I ended up re-taking the video, but if you don't mind, can I please ask you a different question? When I trim sections out of the video, the cursor moves really slowly across the screen. Do you know how I get it back to real time please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been 5 releases in CP2019, that is why I pointed to Help, About Captivate where you'll find to full number.

Mouse cursor will move slowly if you shortened its path, was that the case? Did you edit the path? I often get rid of the mous path when motion is too slow, and keep only the end point with some emphasis, less disturbing.

Have a look at one of my publicly posted interactive videos which are based on Video Demo:

Custom Play/Pause

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, the version number was 11.0.1.266

Thanks for helping me, I will watch your video now. I really appreciate the time that you have taken to help me, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes, I shortened the path by chopping sections out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on the patched first release. There is a free update to 11.5 which added lot of new features, but only do it when you are not busy with a project, because 11.0 and 11.5 are not compatible.

That is indeed the problem and I never found a way to speed up the mouse when the path was shortened. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources