Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video demo shows image at end of timeline before moving to next slide

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I am new to Captivate, using it to create software demonstration videos. I have a project in Captivate 2019 (11.5.1.499), where I have 3 video demo slides.  Two of the three have an issue when I publish the project to HTML5 and view the index.html, where at the end of the demo timeline, it briefly flashes an image of the beginning of the demo up before moving to the next slide. 

Originally, I had put an image on the video demo timeline to introduce the demo and this was what flashed up. I removed the image and now it flashes up the beginning of the video.  The only video demo that doesn't have the issue is the one that never had the image, so I suspect something to do with this but I don't know how to make it stop.

Any ideas to resolve this? (that don't involve re-taking all my videos)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent version is 11.5.5.553!

I expected to see screenshots, maybe understood it wrongly. Video needs to be loaded on Enter for the slide, and that can take a while. Why did you not use the Video Demo editor to add that static image at the start of the video? When published to MP4 it will be included in the video, instead of having it separately on the Captivate slide timeline. That will avoid lot of issues.

Moreover published Captivate output is meant to be viewed from a webserver (or LMS), never locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What screenshots would be helpful? It's impossible to capture an image flash with screenshots. I can post the timelines if that's helpful?

I did use video demo editor to add the static image, but had to remove it as the issue is that it flashes whatever is at the beginning of the video demo again before moving to the next slide - it was less distracting if that was the software than if it was a picture, so I took the picture out.  We are not publishing to MP4, but to HTML5.  

I am trying to make sure the project is working correctly before handing it off to the team that loads it on our webserver. I am really disappointed to hear from multiple sources that I "can't trust" any preview or non-published version of output from Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you upadtate to the most recent version?  The only Preview method for a non-responsive project which is close to the final output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser.  Like any website only uploading to a webserver will give the final result, that is not typical only for Captivate. Annoying is the fact that in non-responsive projects the other Preview methods use temporary SWF output, and those cannot indeed be trusted. Sorry, but '....from multiple resources' mentioning is bit off topic.

You can also record a mp4 and link to the URL to show what you mean by that 'flashing'. I really have no idea. Which format did you use for the 'static image'? Was it a bitmap image or a SVG?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources