• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video mistiming in Captivate published file

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trimmd an mp4 in Quicktime to cut the beginning of the video. Saved the file as an mp4 and inserted into Captivate as Slide video on the first slide. I have sorted the video timing so it is spread over 7 slides and when previewing as HTML it works fine. 

When I publish it the section I've trimmed in Quicktime is suddenly there at the beginning of the video while the audio for the video starts at the trimmed point as it should, meaning the video and audio is out of sync and the whole thing a complete mess!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have played the mp4 video in Quicktime and the piece I trimmed at the beginning is definitely not there so I don't understand how it can be reappearing?

I'm using Captivate 2019 on Mac OS 10.13.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-encode the video in Adobe Media Encoder.

It is not a good idea to put a video on the first slide, but will not expand on that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great. It has worked thank goodness.

Didn't know about not putting video on the first slide. 

Thanks very much Lilybiri!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not documented anywhere, but something I learned since output needs to be HTML5: avoid a heavy first slide, just use a simple title slide, no audio, no video. Due to the much longer loading time, and the fact that video and audio is loaded On Enter for each slide. Same logic to leave a small gap for slide audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources