• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video recording disappears when attempting to add Highlights or editing Video Demo

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already created about 10 video demos and had no issues with viewing my video recordings before or after entering the Edit Video Demo section or after adding Objects like the Highlight Box. This appears to have suddenly changed, and I can't seem to find a fix anywhere. I've attached a video here, but it appears to be tied to the screen magnification, which will allow me to "find" the video, but it disappears once I hit play. 

Has anyone else run into this? I've attempted to reset my settings, but it hasn't helped.

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing , Getting started , Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird! What was the size in px of the video demo?  Did you use the Slides button to start the recording (after having done the necessary changes if you have a retina screen) from within the cptx project (I see a title slide) or did you create the Video demo separately and inserted it later on in the project? I suspect a conflict between the resolution of the cptx and the video demo slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I'm not sure about the px size of the demo, but it was one of the major changes I have from my others. I finally realized I could cut the Chrome tabs and address bar out of the recording. I currently build each section by selecting the "Slides" button (plus sign in the upper-left corner) and using the Video Demo option. 

Any idea if there is a way to work around this or fix it? Or will I need to rerecord everything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I really don't understand and you didn't answer my questions. The topic title talks about Highlight which I supposed meant Highlight boxes, but the video doesn't show any highlight box but a different problem which seems linked with a resolution issue. Difficult to try to answer without understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - I thought I had answered them. I set the recording window for the whole project at 1440 x 764 and built each Video Demo slide using the Slides button to start each recording. To see the video at all, I have to set the magnifying to 33 versus Best Fit or another option.

I referenced the Highlight boxes in the title because I'm hoping to add them to my video demo slides, but the video keeps disappearing before I can place them manually.

Does that help?

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 10.53.49 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't capture an application in a custom window, but just an area. Did you changed DPIAwareness and reduce the Display resolution to 100%? I asked about this which is necessary if you are using a retina screen and/or have set the display resolution to a higher percentage to make it readable? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I don't honestly know what any of those questions mean. If you are able to provide more context I can test, but I'm honestly at the end of my rope. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Adobe suite 3 times, cleared the project cache, tried other recording types, and restarted my entire computer, and I'm still getting the same issue. 

Let me know if you have any other tips. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a retina screen?  That is a high resoltuion screen. If you start a regular software simulation or a Video Demo from the welcome screen, in case of a retina screen, you will see an error popping up. 

Retina.PNG

In the screenshot you posted about the start dialog, you see that you did capture a specific part of your screen, not an application. If the display resolution was set to a number higher than 100% that may have caused the problems you had.

You didn't mention Cleaning the Preferences (which is also necessary when reinstalling). Did you ever do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I do, per the Apple website, but I've never updated the resolution on my computer (which is why I had to Google whether I had it). I also don't think I've ever seen that error, but I can't be 100% sure. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.22.26 AM.jpg

I've attempted to "Clean Preferences" per your responses in this article, but was unable to find the "Preferences" folder in the Library folder. I deleted all others just in case. Any other places I should check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences are under the Captivate menu for Mac, or use the shortcut key SHIFT-F9.

I cannot help you with the resolution since I am a Win user and have never used a Mac. Your issue is clearly due to a resolution problem but you'll have to find out from Mac users how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found the answer after talking with Support. There is no issue with my resolution or computer, and I didn't change any settings. There was an issue with my Captivate version. 

Mac users - Ensure that if you're using Big Sur, that you download this version instead: https://assets.adobe.com/public/ff298ded-060f-4ee3-48f8-6599d7b9cc11#sa_src=web-messaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you missed the numerous threads and the announcements about Big Sur and Captivate, you really were not searching at all. I wouldn't even have tried to help, but you are the first Mac user mentioning this type of issue between Captivate 11.5 and the Big Sur which broke applications as usual. The new version for Mac users was released in February, and a trial of the patched version in December.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources