• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos randomly disappreaing when working with multi-state objects.

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been working with Captivate for about 6 months now and I recently started using mulit-state object and advanced actions. I have created a project with a "next" and "previous" button that when clicked loads the next state of a video. The video object has 13 states that are all different source video files. I did this because I wanted the transition to be as smooth as possible, so I didn't want it to load a whole new object or even a new slide. The problem I am facing right now though is very weird and extremly frustrating. When i cycle through the states, certain videos just randomly disappear. Weirdly I found out that pausing the slide will have an effect on this, but whenever I set the button to pause the slide, other videos now disappear. Could this be a problem with the way I preview the project? (Usually within Captivate using preview options). Or is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance for the help

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a non-responsive project, which you don't specify, NEVER use any preview method except F11, Preview HTML in Browser. That is the only Preview which generates a temporary HTML output, the other ones are based on SWF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. It is a responsive project. All of the preview methods, inlcuding F11, produce the same error. I am starting to think that this is a bug in captivate since I can not think of any reason why some states would work and others wouldn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many factors can cause this: how big are the videos (they have been loaded, since those are event videos. Do not call something a bug before you are sure that it is not due to limitations of your system or other causes.

Reflect also: responsive projects are meant to be viewed on mobile devices, where the hardware ; software and bandwidth will be much lower than on your system. How will that behave in such a situation?

What is the resolution you are starting with (normally meant for desktop use? Did you optimize the videos so that they have been reduced to the resolution, audio and video quality which is exactly what is needed in Captivate or did you rescale in Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now tried rendering all the videos in the correct resolution befor importing them into Captivate, still the same problem. Filesize also cannot be the issue since the videos are not even 1 mb in size. They also contain no audio at all so this could not be the issue either. I tested the project on mutliple systems and the problem still persists. Nothing i try seems to work. This is really frustrating since it is a project for a client. I feel like this has to be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources